Enrolment and re-enrolment

You must enrol for the course for which you intend to study in order to become a student of Bucks New University.

At the start of every subsequent year or academic session you will also need to re-enrol. This will be through completion of the Enrolment Form which will either be sent to you or available at the enrolment session itself.

Procedures for enrolment and re-enrolment are managed by the Student Centre. They will keep you up to date with everything you need to know, including providing you with joining instructions and enrolment information that relates specifically to your course of study.

Pre-arrival information

We’ve put together a useful checklist of things to help you prepare for your initial arrival at Bucks.

  • You'll need to ensure you've applied for any relevant financial support, for example Student Finance, or made provision for funding your studies privately. Visit our fees and funding pages for more information
  • We will be requesting a passport-sized photograph from you which will be used on your student ID card. We'll let you know how to send this to us when we send your joining instructions
  • If you're planning to live away from home, it's also important that you make arrangements for accommodation; either via our Accommodation Service or other private providers.

Once you arrive at the University, it is essential that you bring the following items with you to your enrolment session:

  • Proof of qualifications
  • It is essential that you bring a valid Passport or EU/EEA National Identify Card or your Birth/Adoption Certificate with confirmation of your National Insurance number or proof of your UK immigration permission issued by the Home Office.
  • Financial notification from Student Finance or the Student Loans Company (not your payment schedule letter)
  • Or another method of payment - credit card, bank transfer form, e-payment, cheque or cash (if you are paying your own tuition fees)
  • Any additional paperwork as outlined in previous communications from the University.
  • If you are under 18, you must print, sign and bring the parental/guardian consent form which can be found here.

If you have any questions regarding your enrolment, or the payment of your tuition fees, please contact the Student Centre on 01494 603 020 or email student.centre@bucks.ac.uk.

Depending on the course for which you are applying you may need to undergo further health and safety checks, particularly for nursing, policing and social work courses.

Applicants for these courses may be required to complete a Health Questionnaire to confirm that they are in good health. If your programme involves working with vulnerable groups, including children, you may also be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) identity check (previously called a Criminal Records Bureau [CRB] check).

Specific details and forms will be sent to you to complete. You may also be asked to bring further documentation with you to your enrolment session.

As a new student you will be provided with a Student ID card for the duration of your course. Although we can produce your ID card at the point of enrolment, to speed up the process and to avoid lengthy queue times we recommend that you send in a photograph of yourself beforehand.

You can email us a photo of yourself (JPEG Format) to the following address: student.centre@bucks.ac.uk. Please list the subject line as “Student ID Card” and in the email please provide the following information:

  • Your Student ID (you will find this in our communication to you from our Admissions Department)
  • Your full name (include all forenames and surname)
  • Your date of birth
  • The name of the course you will be starting

You then will be able to pick your ID card up at the scheduled enrolment time listed in your joining instructions.  If you would prefer to send us a photograph by post, please print and return this form along with your passport-sized photo.

You must carry a valid student ID card with you at all times whilst on campus and be prepared to present it when requested by a member of the security team or be asked to leave the premises. Students without their ID card will not be permitted to remain on campus unless a replacement is purchased.

You will need to present your student ID card for admission to your exam.

If you have lost your ID card, it can be replaced at the Main Gateway reception for a cost of £10. Replacement lanyards and card holders can also be purchased from the Student Centre for £1 and replacement badge reels for 50p. Note: It is not possible to issue temporary ID cards for students.

There are two exceptions to this charge, one being for students whose ID card has broken due to general wear and tear and the other for students whose ID card has been stolen, as long as they are able to provide a police crime reference number.

Should you have any problems with your student ID card, please come and check with a member of the Student Centre team who will investigate this for you further. If you have any queries about any aspect of your student ID card, please contact the Student Centre on 01494 603020 or e-mail: student.centre@bucks.ac.uk.

Related Documents