Bucks has an active applied research community covering a wide range of discipline areas. Activities are undertaken nationally, within European programmes and internationally. Our professional networks support generation of impact from our research activities. Some example Impact case studies from research undertaken at Bucks are shown below.
Global Challenges Research
- Equitable Access to Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Economies and Societies
- Human Rights, Good Governance and Social Justice
- To increase the capacity of Ghana Standards Authority (GSA) in standards development; to disseminate, promote Ghanaian enterprises on priority public and voluntary standards with high market demand and use the standard related activities to enhance and further institutionalise consumer protection.
- Establish a traceability system at the Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA) for export products to promote the application of traceability schemes by producers and exporters.
- Support the Ghana Certification Body and prepare for accreditation for the certification of Quality Management Systems.
- Strengthen chain of custody verification to provide reliable and internationally accepted tests for key export markets.
- Developing capacity and competencies to inspect exports.
- Development of the National Quality Infrastructure.
- streamline access to business support information for local SMEs and micro enterprises through local information points;
- to promote cluster initiatives in designated areas;
- support small business-oriented advocacy and promotion of green entrepreneurship.
- Local needs, gaps and barriers for green SMEs and entrepreneurship development were studied and analysed;
- The concept of Business Information Points’ organization, based on the local capacities and needs, was developed in partnership with the experts from the UK DFID;
- UK experience in proving support to green SMEs’ start-up and development, as well as information and consultancy services has been transferred through seminars and a study tour organised during October 2017-March 2018;
- 25 SMEs and 30 local specialists from the partner municipalities (Kharkov region) were trained by the UK and Ukrainian experts in business expansion issues, clusters development (in the wood processing industry, in particular) and foreign trade through targeted seminars, study visits and B2B meetings.
- Launched the advocacy, communication and social mobilization campaign in targeted municipalities and beyond;
- Municipal specialists and personnel of the Business Information Points trained in communications skills and working with social networks;
- Business information point in Kharkov’ (named Centre for Green Entrepreneurship Development) and Business information point are established
- Created a website of the Centre for Entrepreneurship Development in Kharkov.