Top 10 things to do: Uxbridge
Our Uxbridge campus in West London is home to many of our nursing and healthcare courses. The nearest tube station is a five minute walk away – the Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines speed straight into central London.
It’s easy to get around by foot or explore the wider area by tube or train. It’s entirely up to you whether you make the most of connections to the city or the countryside on your doorstep.
Our students’ favourite places
- Shopping – Intu Uxbridge and The Pavilions both have lots of places to eat and shop.
- Entertainment – IMAX cinema shows the latest block busters.
- Venues – Wembley Stadium is only half an hour away hosting sporting events and live music.
- Culture – Beck Theatre in Hayes hosts a wide variety of live events, musicals, comedy shows and more.
- Nights out – Liquid and Envy club is a lively place to have a drink with friends.
- Countryside – Colne Valley Park has something for everyone – sail on the lakes, watch wildlife, go fishing and more.
- Breath of fresh air – Grand Union Canal is a great place for a leisurely stroll. Walk or cycle the towpath all the way to Camden Lock!
- Gym – Virgin Active in Uxbridge offer our students a discounted membership.
- Sports – Hillingdon and Ruislip have great courses for keen golfers.
- Day out – Ascot is just over half an hour by car. Dress up and head to the races!