Top 10 things to do: High Wycombe
Our students love the atmosphere and community in High Wycombe. In the local area surrounding our campus, you’ll discover great places to shop, eat and explore.
From campus, it’s only a ten-minute walk to the train station. Within 30 minutes, you can be in the centre of London and it’s easy to visit other major cities like Oxford and Birmingham. Or, if you’re exploring by car, the M40 is also nearby.
Our students’ favourite places
- Nights out – High Wycombe has a purple flag status for safety and a range of bars and pubs. There are also places to go in nearby towns Marlow and Beaconsfield.
- Shopping – Eden Centreis home to all the high-street shops, a range of popular restaurants and a 12-screen cinema.
- Entertainment – The Wycombe Swan Theatre is the leading theatre in the South East. It hosts comedy, musicals, tribute acts and more.
- Open spaces – The Rye is the perfect place to relax with football pitches, fishing and boating areas, and a leisure centre with a lido.
- Country manor – Hughenden Park is the largest park in the district and borders National Trust’s Hughenden Manor.
- Day out – The Hellfire Caves were voted the second scariest place to visit by Buzzfeed. Take part in a paranormal investigation!
- Countryside – Chilterns countryside is easy to explore by foot or bike.
- Culture – Wycombe Museum is a great place to discover the history of the area.
- Sports – Adams Park is home to Wycombe Wanderers football club.
- Family fun – Odds Farm Park is a great day if you have little ones. Visit in Spring to bottle feed kid goats.