Top 10 things to do: Great Missenden
Missenden Abbey is the heart of the Chiltern Hills, but it’s only a five minute walk to Great Missenden train station where you can catch a train to London Marylebone.
We host some of our workshops at Missenden Abbey. It’s also great for events as it’s easy to get to from the local area and further afield – Heathrow Airport and London Luton Airport are around 25 miles away.
Our students’ favourite places
- Place to eat – The Black Horse Pub and Eating House up the road offer traditional pub grub.
- Day out – Warner Bros Studio Tour gives you the chance to delve into the world of Harry Potter.
- Culture – Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre is a hit with Dahl fans and young children.
- Countryside – the Chiltern Hills is an Area of Outstanding Beauty with 324 miles of picture-perfect countryside.
- Breath of fresh air – River Misbourne has three circular walks ranging from three to six miles.
- Cycle routes – Chilterns Cycleway is a 170 mile circular cycle route with impressive scenery, country pubs and small towns.
- Family fun – Hughenden Park is the largest park in the district and borders National Trust’s Hughenden Manor.
- Brewery – Malt The Brewery runs popular tours where you meet the brewer and learn how ale is made.
- Local towns - Uxbridge is a 30 minute drive and High Wycombe is a 20 minute drive.
- Road trip – Windsor Castle, the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world, is a 50 minute drive away.