Top 10 things to do: Aylesbury Vale
Our newest campus is located in the centre of Aylesbury. It’s a small town with a friendly and safe community.
Aylesbury is full of pubs and bars and not far from countryside and stately homes. With direct journeys to London Marylebone, it’s easy to head into the city too.
Our students’ favourite places
- Shopping – Friars Square or Hale Leys are within easy reach. Aylesbury Shopping Park is nearby too.
- Nights out – Aylesbury is a quieter town, but there’s plenty of places to go for a drink.
- Arts – The Queens Park Centre and Limelight Theatre offers a performances, arts classes and workshops for adults and children.
- Places to eat – Aylesbury has a wide range of restaurants including pubs, tearooms and a steakhouse.
- Entertainment – Waterside Theatre and Arts Centre hosts musicals, comedy or live music. Waterside Festival takes place this September and will host a vibrant mixture of stalls, activities and treats.
- Culture – Roald Dahl Children's Gallery is in the town centre, it’s full of interactive rooms.
- Cinema – ODEON Aylesbury shows the latest movies (bring your student card to get your discount!)
- Breath of fresh air – Coombe Hill is just over half an hour drive away and the perfect place to watch the sunset.
- Countryside – Waddesdon Manor is a country house with impressive paintings, 18th century furniture and hidden treasures.
- Road trip – Great Missenden is close by and has several different river walks.