Out and about
Making the most of the local area
You’ll never be bored in Buckinghamshire and Greater London – fill your weekends with countryside adventures, days out to tourist attractions and visits to great local towns.
Living in a new place is exciting. But how do you know the best places to go? We’ve recommended our top things to do in the local area to get you started. They’re also things you could do with your friends and family when they visit.
When you have exams coming up and deadlines looming, studying can be stressful. Head to the countryside for a long ramble and plenty of fresh air.
- Hillingdon Trail – explore a 20-mile path through stunning woodlands, meadows and open spaces.
- Fassnidge Park – spend sunny afternoons atthis four-acre space with tennis grounds, a skate park, outdoor gym and more.
- Colne Valley Park – enjoy over 40 square miles of countryside with a canal, 200 miles of river and over 60 lakes.
- Chiltern Hills – go on an adventure in the traditional English countrysidewith stunning scenery and small market towns.
- Cliveden– discover impressive gardens, woodlands, views of the Thames – and Cliveden House where Meghan Markle stayed before the royal wedding!
Fancy a day out? We’re close to lots of great attractions that are perfect when you’re craving an adventure or an adrenaline rush.
- Go Ape Black Park Country Park – explore an aerial tree-top adventure with zip lines and rope climbs.
- Thorpe Park – embrace your inner dare devil with extreme water rides and thrilling rollercoasters (top tip: save money with an annual pass!)
- Chessington World of Adventures – take a trip to this popular theme park with over 40 attractions and rides (it’s also home to over 1,000 animals).
With great travel links from all our campuses, it’s easy to take a trip to somewhere further afield or visit friends at other universities.
- Marlow – situated in a picturesque riverside location with many traditional pubs, bars and cafe's; Marlow is well worth a visit.
- Windsor – visit the royal family’s grand castle and stroll through Windsor Great Park. We recommend watching a show at the open-air theatre.
- Reading – shop at The Oracle and cheer on championship team Reading FC at the Madejski Stadium.
- Oxford – admire the impressive buildings and enjoy peaceful walks along the river.
- Milton Keynes – spend rainy days at Big Rock Hub indoor climbing centre, Formula Fast indoor karting or Snozone.