Human Performance, Exercise & Wellbeing Centre
The Human Performance, Exercise and Wellbeing Centre is part of the High Wycombe Campus and brings together our teaching, research and enterprise across health, sport, exercise and wellbeing.
Equipped for assessing the function and performance of a wide range of human physiological, biomechanical and psychological parameters, The HPL gives you the tools you need to succeed as you learn to use leading-edge research tools for sport, exercise and therapy.
The following courses take place in the centre:
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science – endorsed by the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy – accredited by the Society of Sports Therapists
- BA (Hons) Sports, Development and Coaching
- BA (Hons) Exercise, Health and Fitness Management
- BSc (Hons) Strength and Conditioning
- MSc Sports Therapy (Full time)
- MSc Sports Therapy (Part time)
In the 2014/5 academic year, we were shortlisted for a Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Award in the Outstanding Estates Team category for our building projects, including the multi-million pound Human Performance, Exercise and Wellbeing Centre and the refurbishment of South Wing.
"Since I graduated from Bucks in 2006 it has undergone many positive changes. The Human Performance, Exercise & Wellbeing Centre is probably the most important step in taking the University to the next level in this arena. I'm excited about making use of the facilities on offer myself!"
Naomi Riches MBE, 2012 London Olympic Games Rower