Social Work Bursary

BSc (Hons) Social Work tuition fees
The funding for students who study courses leading to a registration as a social worker is different to most university courses. However, you will still be expected to pay tuition fees. You can apply to Student Finance for a tuition fee loan to cover the cost in year one. You may also be eligible to receive support in the form of an NHS bursary for your second and third years, although the number who can benefit from this depends on the numbers cap provided by the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA).

MSc Social Work tuition fees
The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) on behalf of the Department of Health can provide some financial assistance in the form of a bursary, but the number of bursaries available is restricted and may not cover your full tuition fees. Therefore you may also wish to consider some of the other postgraduate funding options available, details of which can be found on our postgraduate funding page.

Financial assistance
Whether you  are studying on the degree or master's programme, you should be entitled to financial assistance as long as you meet the eligibility criteria. This can be in the form of non-income assessed elements which include a basic grant and allowances for those with a disability.
In addition, you may be entitled to receive income -assessed grants (based on either your own, your parents' income, or that of your spouse or civil partner) that could include a maintenance grant and allowances to assist with certain living costs:

The exact criteria do vary, so we can only give general guidance here, for further up-to-date information please refer to the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) website.