Bucks New University is a Disability Confident employer and as such you will be given the opportunity to declare a disability as part of the application process. As users of the Disability Confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the vacancy and where appropriate reasonable adjustments will be incorporated into the selection process.
- All applications must be made online unless otherwise stipulated within the advert.
- Click on the 'apply' link at the bottom of the vacancy and follow the step by step process.
- Please ensure you complete the online application form in full.
- You will have the opportunity to attach a CV or supporting documents.
- All applications will be made anonymous so please ensure all personal details are removed from any supporting documentation.
- Please ensure you are able meet the essential areas in the Person Specification and competencies listed in the Job Description.
- Once you have submitted your application you will receive an automated confirmation email. If you do not receive acknowledgement within 24 hours please contact the HR Team.
- Once the advert has closed, shortlisting will be undertaken by the hiring manager.
- When shortlisting for interview, we will be looking for candidates to demonstrate and provide evidence that they meet the essential criteria listed within the Job Description and Person Specification. Ideally you will also meet some or all of the desirable criteria.
- All applicants will be contacted within two weeks with an application outcome.
- Unfortunately candidates who are not shortlisted for interview cannot be granted feedback due to the volume of applications we receive.
- Where possible, the interview date will be highlighted in the job advert. Please inform us of any issues attending the given date in your application.
- We will do our best to accommodate certain requests however, we may not be able to offer an alternative date unless we are unable to appoint from the original interviews.
- The option of a Skype interview may be accepted but this will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- The panel will consist of your potential line manager and other stakeholders both internal and external to the University.
- Your interview may require a case study, writing test or presentation. You will be advised if this applies to you when you are invited to interview.
- You are required at interview stage to provide original documentation showing proof of your right to work in the UK.
- We aim to advise all interviewed candidates on the outcome of the process within ten workings days of the interview.
If successful, you will receive a verbal offer after the interview from the interview chair. This will be followed up by a formal offer of employment from our HR Department. This offer is subject to you satisfying the following:
- References covering the last three years of employment
- Original evidence of your qualifications
- Proof of your eligibility to work in the UK
Some roles may also be subject to a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.