Dr. David Warnock-Smith
BSc, PGDip, PGCert, PhD
I have had a varied professional background in airport handing, rail operational planning and tourism management (accommodation). I'm also an air transport adviser, trainer and consultant having completed assignments with, among others, the Caribbean Development Bank, Etihad Airways, IATA and the Arab Air Carriers Organisation (AACO).
My main research interests revolve around air transport economics, strategy, management, operations and planning. Developments in airport/airline relationships, airline ancillary revenues and incumbent carrier strategies in deregulated markets are some examples of recent research. My work often has a particular focus on the more under-studied regions of the Caribbean, Latin America and Africa.
I hold a PhD in Air Transport Economics from Cranfield University, I am an ACI Economics Committee member and also a Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (MCILT). I have worked closely with Heathrow Airport on the development of the Heathrow Skills Partnership, a new initiative aimed at creating a lasting skills legacy among Team Heathrow employers in partnership with HE and FE providers including Bucks New University.
- Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training ft
- Airline and Airport Management ft
- Airline and Airport Management with Foundation Year ft
- International Tourism Management with Air Travel ft
- International Tourism Management with Air Travel with Foundation Year ft
- Air Transport with Private Pilot Training ft