We work closely with a number of NHS Trusts and independent care partners in the region, both in hospitals and out in the community.
We work with our partners to provide clinical experience for our students, as well as developing and running training for their staff.
We currently work with:
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, including Wycombe Hospital, Stoke Mandeville Hospital and community services
- Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust, in Hillingdon and Harrow
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust, including Frimley Park Hospital, Wrexham Park Hospital, Heatherwood Hospital and community services
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, including Hammersmith Hospital, Charing Cross Hospital, Queen Charlotte’s and Chelsea Hospital and St Mary’s Hospital
- Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, including Milton Keynes Hospital
- London North West Healthcare NHS Trust, including Ealing Hospital, Clayponds Rehabilitation Hospital, Northwick Park Hospital, Central Middlesex Hospital and St Marks Hospital
- Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, including Royal Brompton Hospital and Harefield Hospital
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, including Hillingdon Hospital and Mount Vernon Hospital
- Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust, including Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital
- West London Mental Health Trust, including Charing Cross Hospital, Ealing Hospital and West Middlesex Hospital
- BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest private hospital group, their first hospital being the Harley Street Clinic.
We also work closely with community and independent organisations, providing trainee nurses for placements in nursing homes and assessment centres, learning disability support services, prisons, youth offender institutions, detention centres and private hospitals.
Placements will be undertaken within a whole Trust and will not be limited to one hospital site. This ensures students get a balanced exposure regime and experience of various specialities and services.
The Trusts we are currently working with include:
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, including Stoke Mandeville Hospital and Wycombe Hospital
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust, including Frimley Park Hospital, Heatherwood Hospital and Wexham Park Hospital
- Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, including Milton Keynes University Hospital
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, including John Radcliffe Hospital West Wing, Horton General Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
- Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust, including Royal Berkshire Hospital and West Berkshire Community Hospital
- Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, including Luton and Dunstable University Hospital
- West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust, including Watford General Hospital and St Albans City Hospital
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, including Lister Hospital
West London NHS Trust
West London NHS Trust is amongst one of the most diverse providers of physical and mental health care in the UK and our staff are dedicated to improving lives through the wide range of services we offer. Our purpose is to help people to recover from mental and physical illness and to find new and better treatments that allow people to lead full and productive lives. We inspire to be the best organisation of our type in the UK. We provide a full range of mental health, physical healthcare and community services for children, adults and older people living in the London Boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow. We also provide some specialist services that are commissioned regionally, such as our medium secure services; and nationally, such as the Cassel Hospital for people with complex and severe personality disorder and our high secure services at Broadmoor Hospital.
As a Trust, we have a well-established and effective working partnership with Buckinghamshire New University (BNU) and, as a nurse training hospital, we accommodate a number of nursing students for their clinical placements in all our Clinical areas. We offer placements to a range of student nurses namely; BSc, PG Dip, Nursing Degree Apprenticeship and Return to Practice students. We have a very good support structure in place that is supported by link lecturers from BNU to ensure that all our students get the best experience with us. This enables them to meet the established NMC standards for registration onto the NMC register. We have a number of on-going joint initiatives with BNU such as students support forums, mentors updates, Joint Key Account meetings and we work together on how we place our students in clinical practice areas. Through this partnership, we continue to use our strengths to train and develop the future nurses that are fit for the next decade and beyond.
- Sunny Daby, Nurse Education & Placement Manager, West London NHS.