We are proud of the achievements of our nursing staff and students, who are widely recognised for their teaching excellence, dedication to their profession, and their broad range of skills in a variety of fields.
Our strong reputation and continued student success evidences our ability to deliver an exceptional education.
- At the Student Nursing Times Awards 2019, we won two awards for Student Placement of the Year: Hospital, and Nursing Associate Trainee of the Year.
- We were also nominated for Student Nurse of the Year: Children.
- We have been nominated eight times across four categories in the Student Nursing Times Awards 2018, including Student Placement of the Year for Community Nursing, Outstanding Contribution to Student Affairs, and the Teaching Innovation of the Year Award for our training with dementia simulation. We won the Teaching Innovation of the Year Award for our outstanding dementia simulation.
- We were shortlisted in the Outstanding Contribution to Student Affairs category at the 2018 Student Nursing Times Awards, which recognise individuals who’ve made an exceptional contribution to student affairs during their time at university.
- Dr Sharon Edwards, one of our senior nursing lecturers, was awarded the 2017 National Teaching Fellow (NTF) of the Higher Education Academy, and was shortlisted for Educator of the Year at the 2018 Student Nursing Times Awards.
- One of our children’s nursing students was shortlisted for Student Nurse of the Year for Child Nursing, in the 2017 Student Nursing Times Awards, in recognition of their excellent communication skills and clinical knowledge required to care for children.
- We were a finalist at the Student Nursing Times Awards in 2017 for our work with Hillingdon Clinical Commissioning Group, Central and North West London NHS Trust and Health Education England (NWL). The collaborative partnership developed a Primary Care and Community Nursing Route for undergraduates.
- Our Associate Head of School, Karen Harrison-White, won the Excellence in Learning and Teaching Award at the 2017 Students' Union Awards for demonstrating excellence in academic leadership.
- We are one of the few UK universities to combine state-of-the-art simulation experiences with the expertise of a moulage specialist, who is skilled in applying mock, and often gorily realistic, injuries for training purposes. Our innovative simulation facilities were recognised at the Guardian University Award 2016, where we won the Teaching Excellence category.
- At the 2016 Student Nursing Times Awards, we won Partnership of the Year for our involvement of service users in our initiative to support the recruitment and training of student nurses and social workers. We work with the organisation Independent Voices to encourage local service users and their carers to share their experiences and shape the education of healthcare professionals. Volunteers take part in interview panels for prospective students, help develop the curriculum, and give talks to build students’ understanding of conditions from both patients' and carers' perspectives. They also take part in simulations to give students the opportunity to practise their skills in life-like settings.
- As part of our 2016 graduation celebration, we awarded an honorary doctorate to Jane Cummings, Chief Nursing Officer for England.
For advice and guidance on applying, see our Application guide. Come along to a Nursing Open Day at our Uxbridge Campus to find out more about our courses, see our facilities, and meet lecturers and students. Alternatively, call 0330 123 2023 or email us to discuss your options.