Education & Early Years
For those looking to make a difference to the lives of children and young people, we offer education and early childhood courses at Bucks, to help people secure their first posts, or take the next step in their career journeys.
As a long established education provider in this sector, we are well placed to draw on our links with employers, and the strength of our academic team, to keep our courses in this area highly relevant and evidence-based.
We also give students access to placements, guest speakers and regular practice-based opportunities, so that they leave us extremely well placed to progress in their careers.
Our graduates go on to work as successful teachers and leaders in a variety of settings, including primary education, early years settings, secondary schools, further education, special needs and community education.
Take a look at our early years and education courses
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood and Primary Education Studies
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood and Primary Education Studies with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Education Studies
- BA (Hons) Education Studies with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Early Years)
- BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Early Years) - Part Time
- BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Primary Education and Education)
- BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Primary Education and Education) - Part Time
- BA (Hons) Youth and Community Studies
- BA (Hons) Youth and Community Studies with Foundation Year
- FDA Early Years Practice
- FDA Primary Education
- PGCert Practice Education
- We offer a broad-based curriculum, which helps our students develop as thoughtful and flexible practitioners, able to act as advocates for young children
- Many members of our teaching team have moved from senior professional practice posts to support workforce development
- We have a strong commitment to research which keeps teaching current and applicable
- After studying with us, many students progress onto teacher training via School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT), Early Years Initial Teacher Training, or a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Others move into other roles in early years, higher or community education, social or youth work, special needs, play therapy, charities, international development work, or training and assessment
- FDA Early Years Practice scored 100% overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2018
- We’re proud that we rank No 1 in the UK (National Student Survey 2018) for: student experience; overall student satisfaction; teaching and learning opportunities; our academic support and feedback; creating opportunities to work with other students; students feel their views and opinions are valued by staff
- We deliver mentorship training for school teachers in partnership with Astra Alliance
- We have exciting partnerships with School Centred Initial Teacher Training organisations.