Continuing Professional Development
If you are thinking about embarking on some continuing professional development (CPD) training, Bucks New University is a leading provider in this area.
We can support organisational and individual development through accredited programmes and modules, short courses, bespoke training and study days held in-house or at one of our campuses
Our Professional Practice programme offers you a wide range of pathways to enhance your skills as well as gaining credits in a specific area. We offer modules at Level 6 and Level 7, as well as non-credit bearing modules.
Our Non Medical Prescribing course consists of two modules: Clinical decision making for non-medical prescribing and Applied pharmacology for non-medical prescribing. It is designed for suitably qualified Nurses, Midwives, Pharmacists and Allied Health Professionals who must be professionally practising in an environment where there is an identified need for the individual to regularly use independent/supplementary prescribing.
We also offer MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner, which has been set up in response to an emerging healthcare role. It is designed to equip and enhance the healthcare practitioner with knowledge and skills in the expanding field of advanced practice, especially within secondary care.
We can also provide research and consultation for employers as well as support and supervision for practitioners. We also regularly engage in collaborative projects and membership of organisational panels and boards.
We have won awards for our professional development programmes, and many of our courses are recognised by the leading professional bodies and associates.
Many of our lecturers maintain clinical currency by working in practice to ensure you receive the most up-to-date insights and training. You can also benefit from our state-of-the-art facilities – so that you can practise and hone your skills in high quality labs, studios and workshops.
For more information, email us or call 0330 123 2023.
- Our Uxbridge Campus is home to our prestigious nursing and healthcare practice courses and offers advanced simulated clinical skills suites, including a dedicated post-qualifying area.
- We have impressive facilities at our High Wycombe Campus, including two adult simulation labs and an Operating theatre/Anaesthetic room.
- We scooped up the Teaching Innovation of the Year Award in April 2018, for our training with dementia simulation at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018. To date, over 550 of our nursing students have experienced the simulation, which gives them holistic skills in early recognition, working with individuals and families where dementia is a key factor.
- We’re working with several large NHS trusts and private healthcare providers to train their senior managers in leadership skills. Each programme is completely bespoke to meet the client’s specific needs. By taking a practical approach, we help leaders build their strengths and use them in the work situation.
- We’ve joined forces with local and national charities and a big name on the high street to create an innovative training programme. Our Retail Academy for the Voluntary Sector is a six-month course that helps charities make sure their retail shops are as successful as possible.