Welcome to Bucks Business School
In a business environment of volatility, uncertainty, rapid change and ambiguity, we train our business students to become creative thinkers and problem solvers, and to equip them for careers that may not even exist yet.
While we can’t predict the precise job functions that will dominate the future workforce, we have a good idea of the direction of travel.
We are confident our students will be rising talent in business, government and non-profit organisations, and it’s our responsibility to foster a sense of curiosity, confidence and adaptability to help them follow their chosen career paths.
How do we make sure our students are ready for working life? Their time at university is well spent in small, focused class groups,interacting with their peers and tutors in higher skills development. Our links to industry facilitate the transition from student to professional.
While with us, our students work on live briefs from real clients and learn to manage these projects in groups and individually. We also have strong links with professional bodies such as the CMI, CIM, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA and CIPFA.
Take a look at our business courses
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Business and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business and Finance with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Business and Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Business and Psychology with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Business Management Top-up
- BSc (Hons) Business Management and Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) Business Management and Information Technology with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BA (Hons) Marketing with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Marketing and Media Communications
- BA (Hons) Sport Business Management
- BA (Hons) Sport Business Management with Sandwich Year
- BA (Hons) Sport Business Management with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Sport Marketing
- BA (Hons) Sport Marketing with Sandwich Year
- BA (Hons) Sport Marketing with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Sports Business and Coaching
- IMBA top-up
- MA Human Resource Management (Full time)
- MA Human Resource Mangement (Part time)
- MA Human Resource Management (Top-up)
- MA Leadership and Management
- PGCert Business Leadership
Starting from day one, we work to enhance our students’ career development in a world where many existing management theories and working practices are being disrupted or made irrelevant.
Even during Fresher’s Week, our students roll up their sleeves and respond to a live client brief under time pressure. Many also get the opportunity to work on projects in businesses as part of their degrees.
We treat each student as an individual and they get to know their tutors well. This individual attention also extends to our careers advice. We include modules on employability in all our courses, and students benefit from the close support provided by our careers team.
We explore different career paths, and emphasise the importance of flexibility, teamwork and creative solutions to class discussions, group projects and assessments, to help students get ready for working life.
Both our teaching staff and our student body are industry facing:
- We liaise with the relevant professional bodies when shaping our courses, so students graduate with the skills, and often selected accreditation, within their field of study.
- Most of our academic staff come from industry and those links enrich our students’ practical and hands-on learning experience. Our staff are actively involved with industry associations as guest lecturers, conference speakers and content contributors.
- Guest speakers from industry help align the student experience to business. Throughout their academic life, students hear live stories from individuals in both small and large businesses. This exposure and experience helps them explore different job functions and corporate cultures.