Tourism and Events
Tourism and events are thriving, service orientated and fast-paced sectors, and a degree at Bucks offers you a compelling route into these sectors, with the chance to gain an up-to-date understanding and transferable skills that these exciting fields demand.
Drawing on our long-established sector links, our courses are designed with close industry involvement, so you can be sure of gaining just the right mix of theory and practice while studying with us.
Crucially, we are constantly evolving what we teach, in line with the changes and challenges of these energetic industries, to ensure our students graduate with the most up-to-date skills and inside knowledge, primed to enter employment. Wedding Planning and Design and Tourism Sustainability content are two examples of important and popular areas that have been added to these programmes.
Working with highly experienced teaching staff, with hands-on sector knowledge and contacts, you will gain a deep insight into the latest trends and requirements of your chosen field.
We offer work placement opportunities, which are often paid, and allow you to hone your skills, and make valuable connections for your future. Recent internships have been with TUI Group, Glastonbury, Wimbledon and Ascot Racecourse.
Many of our tourism students go on to work with tour operators, airlines, airports, destination management companies, or agencies that specialise in public sector tourism planning and development. Bucks graduates are building their careers with the likes of United Airlines, Emirates, Virgin Atlantic Airways and De Vere Hotels.
Take a look at our tourism and events courses:
- BA (Hons) International Tourism Management with Air Travel
- BA (Hons) International Tourism Management with Air Travel with Foundation Year
- Our tourism and events courses are designed with expert input and reflect the key issues facing these sectors
- Events management students have the chance to become a personal licence holder as part of their degree. This means they can sell or supply alcohol at events or become a licensee at a registered venue. They also take a first aider course, to further enhance their employability
- As well as going on to work for airlines or tour operators, our tourism students are qualified for work in tourism marketing agencies, and as developers of niche tourism products such as ecotourism. Those that study entrepreneurship in their final year can even develop their own small tourism venture.
- We have close links with many tourism and travel organisations. Connections include TUI Group, British Airways, De Vere Hotel and Conference Group, easyJet, Grass Roots, Manchester Airport and Virgin Atlantic Airways
- In events, we work with organisations such as Reading and Leeds Festival, Glastonbury Festival, Goodwood, the UK Festival Awards, the London Marathon and Wembley
- We continuously pursue new partnerships to help students find suitable placements where they can hone, and build on the skills we teach them on their course.