Your Password is your secure unique key to access University Resources. Managing your password is an important part of securing your account. This page helps you to set up your password recovery options, change or reset your forgotten password and provide some tips on password management. Please read the password tips before you choose a password.
Remember you should never tell anyone what your university password is. If you think that someone knows your password then change it immediately.
You cannot change your password without setting the password recovery options.
Setting up self-service password recovery options
This is a one-off task that will allow you to change your password without calling the IT Service Desk.
Click here to set up your password recovery options. You will be directed to a Microsoft page.
- Enter your Bucks username (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org for students and email@example.com for staff).
- You will be re-directed to the university sign in page, complete the login with your password.
- Don't lose access to your account! - set your password recovery options.
- You can change your password recovery options at any time. Just remember you cannot do this without a valid password.
Reset your password
This will allow you to unlock your account or reset your password if you have forgotten it.
Before you reset your password, make sure to setup your password recovery option.
Click here to reset your password.
- Enter your Bucks username (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org for students and email@example.com for staff) and the captcha provided. Click Next.
- Choose whether you want to reset your forgotten password or reset your account (this happens if you enter a wrong password multiple times) or reset your password.
- Choose your preferred verification method to reset your password (this can be changed at any time).
Change your password
This will allow you to change your password anytime.
You must remember your password in order to change it. If you have forgotten your password, use the password reset link given in the "Reset your password" section above.
Click here to change your password.
Manage your password
More information on managing your password in Office365 is available here
Your Bucks New University IT Account username and password are your key to accessing a wide range of resources at Bucks. By protecting your password, you also protect the important resources and data to which your password grants you access.
Tips when choosing a new password:
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Remember, password is case sensitive
- Must not include any of the following values: password test
- Must not include part of your name or user name
- Must not be your boy or girlfriend name, relative, dog, cat, budgie, car registration number, address
- Must not include a common word or commonly used sequence of characters
- Must have at least 3 types of the following characters:
- Uppercase (A-Z)
- Lowercase (a-z)
- Number (0-9)
- Symbol (!, #, $, etc.)
- Other language characters not listed above
- New password should not be any of your previously used passwords
- You could make your password as an acronym
Good password examples:
- bRITIsh LIOns can become riti-lio
- The cat jumped over the moon could become Tcjotm4$
- I love the game of cricket could become I#L#t#g#o#c
Bad password examples
- Change your password often
- Every 120 days your password will expire; make sure you change it before your account is blocked due to password expiry
- Make your password difficult to guess
- Share your password with anyone
- Perform financial transactions in public networks
- Write it down and keep it on your desk or anywhere others can access easily
- Avoid using the same password on multiple websites, all your accounts could be compromised in one go