IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk provides a friendly and helpful point of contact for IT Services and support for students, staff and visitors to the University.
Telephone: 01494 605000 or Ext 5000
- Monday to Friday 08:00 - 19:00
- Saturday (limited service) 11:30 - 16:00
- Monday to Friday 08:00 - 17:00
Service Desk Locations
High Wycombe Campus: Gateway, 2nd floor by the Library - During the support hours above
Uxbridge: Library 1st floor - Monday to Friday 09:00 - 16:00
- Advice on password management
- Advice on printing, copying and scanning
- Guidance on data storage and network drives
- Setting up email forwarding for your student account
- Connecting to the University Wi-Fi (eduroam)
- Advice on what free software is available for students
- Accessing Blackboard
The IT Service Desk is the first point of contact for most IT issues. We are here to help you and will do this in the best way we can, this might be to resolve your issue during that first conversation or possibly passing it onto a specialist who can.
What you can expect from us…
- An approachable team willing to assist as much as we can.
- We will log your issue/request and give you the reference for any correspondence that is required.
- We will gather the information that is required for a quick resolution to the request/issue.
Helpful information to have when contacting the IT Service desk
- Your IT account details.
- Your contact details.
- Your computer details and if it is a Bucks University asset, the make, model, PCID and the operating system.
- An explanation of the issue/request with information such as error screenshots, error details, required approvals, etc.
- Please explain the impact of an issue and the associated urgency.
If you are a new student, first review the existing self-help guides and relevant IT web pages as automated solutions may already exist.