Be Bucks Safe Pledge
‘BE BUCKS SAFE’ – STUDENT PLEDGE
The Bucks New University community takes pride in working together to protect each other on campus, in halls of residence and in our local area.
We trust that our entire community will take responsibility for their own health and safety. We expect all of our staff and students to demonstrate respect and consideration for those around them by acting in a way which promotes care, kindness and responsibility. We require students to adhere to the Student Code of Conduct by behaving in a responsible manner, complying with reasonable requests from staff, and adhering to our health and safety policies.
As a member of the University community, I choose to commit to the ‘Be Bucks Safe’ Pledge to help stop the spread of COVID-19. I pledge to take responsibility for my own health, and I will help keep the Bucks community safe from spread of COVID-19 by adhering to University instructions and guidance.
I pledge to:
Protect myself by:
- washing my hands often with soap and water and use hand sanitiser;
- monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19 and reporting any concerns to the Student Information Centre firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- following any guidance and advice provided to me by the University or my medical professional
Protect others by:
- maintaining appropriate social distancing at all times;
- wearing a face-covering and other protective equipment as directed by the University;
- staying home if I feel ill with COVID-19 symptoms or after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19; and
- looking out for others and encourage their commitment to protecting our community.
Protect the Bucks Community by:
- keeping my personal spaces and shared common spaces clean and tidy;
- not invading other’s individual space or workstations or equipment;
- participating in testing and contact tracing, if required, to preserve the wellness of the community; and
- carefully observe instructional signs within the University and follow directions
- observe current government guidelines and keep informed of any changes https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus