National Swim England Performance Centre
Bucks New University is the ideal place to combine your swimming performance training with your academic and career goals.
We are proud to have been selected by Swim England as one of only five universities in the country to offer a national swimming Performance Centre. Our partnership with Wycombe District Swimming Club gives talented swimmers the opportunity to stay in the sport while continuing their higher education.
Wycombe District Swimming Club (WDSC) is located close to the University, at the Wycombe Leisure Centre, and will give you access to a leading Performance Programme, providing the right training environment, coaching and support to train for national and international success.
Our partnership also extends to student athletes in the Bucks Senior Squad and also recreational swimmers to suit all levels.
Successful Performance applicants will receive:
- Training in superb performance facilities at Wycombe Leisure Centre and surrounding pools, with access to Bucks New University’s Human Performance, Exercise and Wellbeing Centre
- Professional coaching from a Great Britain and Olympic Level Coach (if training in the Performance Centre Elite Squad)
- Individual support from WDSC’s ‘in-house’ strength and conditioning coach – with additional strength and conditioning access at the University, if required
- Fitness assessments, sports science support, personal sport nutrition analysis and regular Talented Athlete Lifestyle Support (TALS) coaching sessions arranged individually and delivered by our qualified lifestyle advisors
- Discounted sports therapy sessions, and access to complimentary sports massages (subject to availability)
- Tiered funding for full or part contribution to squad training costs
- Comprehensive long and short course training within a supportive environment.
To find out more about the different swimming pathways, the selection process and training times, please visit the Wycombe District Swimming Club' website.