Event Date: 15th Dec Time: 12.00am Location:
Ritual Reconstructed Revisited: continuity and signalling the future.
Aka. “Ritual Reconstructed: The Online Hanukah Edition”
15th-17th December 2020
Picture copyright of kevindvt from Pixabay.
We are delighted to invite you to take part in an online interdisciplinary symposium which builds and expands upon the AHRC funded project Ritual Reconstructed: challenges to disconnection, division and exclusion in the Jewish LGBTQI+ community (a project which ran between 2014-16 with intermittent ‘pop-up’ events in the years since).
For 2020, we present: Ritual Reconstructed Revisited: continuity and signalling the future.
Half-day panels and events will take place on the 15th (am); 16th (pm) and 17th (am) December. The full programme is available here. Further information is available on our website; by following us on Twitter or by emailing us.
Photos credit of Mary Humphrey
Keynote: LGBTQI+ Jews: impacting religious practice and social justice
- LGBTQI+ (Physical and Metaphorical) Jewish Space
- LGBTQI+ Interfaith Panel
- LGBTQI+ Jewish Representation in the Arts
- Mental Health and Well-Being: The LBGTQI+ Jewish experience
- LGBTQI+ Jewish Intersectional Identities
- LGBTQI+ Religious Identities in a Pandemic
- The representation of LGBTQI+ Jewish Women and Non Binary People in Ritual Practice
- Looking to the Future New LGBTQI+ Jewish Rituals
To ensure the safety and security of participants and speakers, pre-booking will be essential to enable attendance at these online events.
Professor Margaret Greenfields (Buckinghamshire New University), Shaan Knan (Liberal Judaism), Dr Searle Kochberg (University of Portsmouth), and Dr. EJ Milne (Coventry University).
RitualReconstructed logo copyright Wyman Babbage 2014.