This top-up degree is flexibly designed to enable practitioners in community health, education, social care and policing to meet their continuing professional development (CPD) needs and develop their expertise in their practice setting.
What will this course cover?
This work-based programme is open to students who have successfully completed a Foundation Degree or a Diploma in Higher Education. It is designed to help you develop your theoretical knowledge and expertise and enable enhanced practice and career progression.
You can choose to study our BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Primary Education and Education) either full-time or part-time.
Applicants should normally have 120 credits at Level 5 and will normally be working in a relevant area of community health, education and social care. Evidence of working in a relevant practice area will be required prior to commencing the programme.
Students choosing the modular option who intend to complete this degree programme can only use a maximum of 60 credits as Accredited Prior Certificated Learning (APCL).
Year 1 Modules
- Supporting the Emotional & Physical Health and Wellbeing of Children (optional)
- Learning and Teaching with Technology (optional)
- Reflective Portfolio (optional)
- The Investigative Framework (optional)
- Vulnerability and Protection across the Lifespan (optional)
- Introduction to Safeguarding Studies (optional)
- Contemporary Issues and Inter-Professional Practice (optional)
- Law of Civil Liberties (optional)
- Research and Innovation in Practice
- Leadership and Management in Practice
- The Learning Environment
How much does it cost
Full Time Home and EU, Academic Year 2020-2021: £8,000
Full Time International, Academic Year 2020-2021: £12,500
Most courses will involve some additional costs that are not covered by your fees.
You could benefit from financial support through a bursary or scholarship during your time as a student. For more details visit our financial support, bursaries and scholarships section.
How do I apply?
For application details please visit bucks.ac.uk/applying-to-bucks