- be based at our High Wycombe Campus
- benefit from the full programme
- accelerate your journey into higher education
- develop your confidence and skills in degree-level learning
- enjoy all the great facilities on offer.
This course is offered as a four year programme, including an initial Foundation Year. You may also be interested in our three year BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science course.
This course gives you the key transferable academic skills needed to pursue a career in the wellbeing, health, social and voluntary sectors.
More placements, more choices
Bucks is a Placements Plus university. So, whatever degree you do, you can be sure there’ll be plenty of industry-relevant opportunities on offer, to help you get into your chosen field.
We’ll also prepare you for work beforehand, with special skills for work training, further boosting your CV, and building skills employers will value. In recognition of the value we place on these skills we have incorporated this experience into your study time.
Placements Plus is all about helping you get some valuable experience under your belt while you’re a student. To increase your choices later, and help you get the graduate-level job you want.
UCAS CODE: L52L
What are the course entry requirements?
This module map provides a list of the modules that make up your course. You can find more information about how your course is structured on our Academic Advice section.
The modules available on this course are as follows:
Foundation Year Modules
- Ways of Learning about the Social World
- Preparing for Success Knowledge and Creativity
- Preparing for Success Self-development and Responsibility
- Inquiry Based Learning
Year 1 Modules
- Making Sense of Society: Understanding the Social World
- Policy in Context
- Media, Communication and Society
- Contemporary Debates
- Making Sense of Society: The Sociological Imagination
- Policy and Society
- Sociology of Health
- Wellbeing in Society
Year 2 Modules
- Sport, Diversity and Well-being (optional)
- Employability and Professional Development
- Quantitative Research Methods
- 'Race' Ethnicity and Migration
- Citizenship, Community and Welfare
- Ethical Issues in Health and Social Sciences
- Gender and Sexuality in Society (optional)
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Understanding the Work Environment
Year 3 Modules
- Funding for Sport (optional)
- Disability in Mental Health and the Criminal Justice System (optional)
- Applied Dissertation (optional)
- Ageing through the Life-Course
- Body Culture and Society (optional)
- Dissertation (optional)
- Global Health and Society (optional)
- Leadership and Teamwork
How much does it cost
Full Time Home and EU, Academic Year 2020-2021: £9,250 per year
Full Time International, Academic Year 2020-2021: £12,500 per year
Full Time Home and EU, Academic Year 2021-2022: £9,250 per year
Full Time International, Academic Year 2021-2022: £13,750 per year
Most courses will involve some additional costs that are not covered by your fees.
You could benefit from financial support through a bursary or scholarship during your time as a student. For more details visit our financial support, bursaries and scholarships section.
How do I apply?
For application details please visit bucks.ac.uk/applying-to-bucks