- be based at our High Wycombe Campus
- benefit from the full programme
- accelerate your journey into higher education
- develop your confidence and skills in degree-level learning
- enjoy all the great facilities on offer.
The course provides a broad based educational curriculum aimed at those wishing to pursue a number of possible career routes including: teacher training (through School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) or Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)); social or community work, psychology, community and adult education, educational administration, policy, museum or heritage roles, charity and international development work. It is an ideal programme for those wishing to keep their career options flexible across a range of education sectors.
This course is offered as a four year programme, including an initial Foundation Year. You may also be interested in our three year BA (Hons) Education Studies.
More placements, more choices
Bucks is a Placements Plus university. So, whatever degree you do, you can be sure there’ll be plenty of industry-relevant opportunities on offer, to help you get into your chosen field.
We’ll also prepare you for work beforehand, with special skills for work training, further boosting your CV, and building skills employers will value. In recognition of the value we place on these skills we have incorporated this experience into your study time.
Placements Plus is all about helping you get some valuable experience under your belt while you’re a student. To increase your choices later, and help you get the graduate-level job you want.
UCAS CODE: X300
What are the course entry requirements?
This module map provides a list of the modules that make up your course. You can find more information about how your course is structured on our Academic Advice section.
The modules available on this course are as follows:
Foundation Year Modules
- Preparing for Success: Knowledge and Creativity
- Preparing for Success: Self Development and Responsibility
- Inquiry Based Learning
- Ways of Learning about the Social World
Year 1 Modules
- Reflective Practice
- Exploring Educational Paradigms
- Roots and Branches: Learning for Life
- Understanding Education Policy
- Understanding Educational Inequalities
- Safeguarding in Education
- Informal Education
Year 2 Modules
- Building and Promoting Inclusive Learning Opportunities
- Exploring The Occupational Landscape In Practice
- An Introduction to the Philosophies and Concepts of Research
- Assessment to Enhance Learning
- Mental Health and Wellbeing in Education
Year 3 Modules
- Project: Evaluating Educational Initiatives
- Learning and Teaching with Technology
- Lifespan Learning and Development
How much does it cost
Full Time Home and EU, Academic Year 2020-2021: £9,250 per year
Full Time International, Academic Year 2020-2021: £12,500 per year
Full Time Home and EU, Academic Year 2021-2022: £9,250 per year
Full Time International, Academic Year 2021-2022: £13,750 per year
Most courses will involve some additional costs that are not covered by your fees.
You could benefit from financial support through a bursary or scholarship during your time as a student. For more details visit our financial support, bursaries and scholarships section.
How do I apply?
For application details please visit bucks.ac.uk/applying-to-bucks