- be based at our High Wycombe Campus
- benefit from the full programme
- accelerate your journey into higher education
- develop your confidence and skills in degree-level learning
- enjoy all the great facilities on offer.
In a rapidly changing technological world where Artificial Intelligence becomes more widespread, it is imperative that businesses use data to support their decision-making to ensure the success of their organisation. This programme equip graduates with technical ability, data and human discipline and prepares them for this type of scenario.
This course blends academic study from both Business Management and Computing in order to help you enhance your employability and future-proof your career. You will develop skills such as problem solving, empathy and creativity which will ensure that you are highly sought after by employers and which AI computers cannot achieve.
The course maintains a good balance of theory and practice, providing you with opportunities to apply knowledge into live briefs and real projects where possible. You will acquire a wide range of skills and competencies that are useful for efficiently handling real-life, practical problems. You will also develop your ability to think critically and will be able to analyse and evaluate solutions to complex scenarios.
Who is this course for?
This programme is aimed at those who wish to develop a good understanding of Business Management in a changing world of volatility, uncertainty and change, but who also appreciate the role IT and data can have in that ambiguous business setting.
More placements, more choices
Bucks is a Placements Plus university. So, whatever degree you do, you can be sure there’ll be plenty of industry-relevant opportunities on offer, to help you get into your chosen field.
We’ll also prepare you for work beforehand, with special skills for work training, further boosting your CV, and building skills employers will value. In recognition of the value we place on these skills we have incorporated this experience into your study time.
Placements Plus is all about helping you get some valuable experience under your belt while you’re a student. To increase your choices later, and help you get the graduate-level job you want.
UCAS CODE: BMIT
The course has been carefully shaped to meet industry needs and will help enable you to combine technical skills with high level business knowledge.
On this programme, you will:
- develop knowledge and understanding of key business foundation disciplines
- develop the ability to evaluate the range of activities within the key business functional areas and their interrelationship
- benefit from solving problems by clarifying complex questions, considering alternative solutions and critically evaluating outcomes
- be able to recognise the business, industrial and commercial context in which computer systems are deployed, with particular regard to their usability
- develop your ability to systematically and critically analyse and discriminate between options for various computer-based problems and devise appropriate solutions.
What are the course entry requirements?
This module map provides a list of the modules that make up your course. You can find more information about how your course is structured on our Academic Advice section.
The modules available on this course are as follows:
Foundation Year Modules
- Preparing for Success, Knowledge and Creativity
- Computing Essentials
- Digital Media
- Preparing for Success: Self-development and Responsibility
- Inquiry Based Learning (Business focus)
Year One Modules
- Global Business Environment
- Principles of Marketing
- Programming Concepts
- Digital Technologies & Professional Practice
- Financial Decision Making
- Data Insights for Business Decisions
- User Experience
- Business Modelling
Year Two Modules
- Business Consulting
- Project Management
- Web Development
- Consultancy in Practice
- Digital Business and New Technologies
- IT Services Management
- Strategic Marketing (optional)
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (optional)
- Database Design (optional)
- Cyber Security Management (optional)
- Operations and Services Management (optional)
- Customer Experience (optional)
- Introduction to Intelligent Systems (optional)
Year Three Modules
- Research Methods
- Strategic Agility
- Business Continuity Management
- Developing Leadership and Management Skills (optional)
- Cloud Computing (optional)
- Security Auditing and Response (optional)
- Managing & Developing Innovation and Creativity (optional)
- Change Management and Organisation Development (optional)
How much does it cost
Full Time Home and EU, Academic Year 2020-2021: £9,250 per year
Full Time International, Academic Year 2020-2021: £12,500 per year
Full Time Home and EU, Academic Year 2021-2022: £9,250 per year
Full Time International, Academic Year 2021-2022: £13,750 per year
Most courses will involve some additional costs that are not covered by your fees.
You could benefit from financial support through a bursary or scholarship during your time as a student. For more details visit our financial support, bursaries and scholarships section.
How do I apply?
For application details please visit bucks.ac.uk/applying-to-bucks