- be based at our High Wycombe Campus
- benefit from the full programme
- accelerate your journey into higher education
- develop your confidence and skills in degree-level learning
- enjoy all the great facilities on offer.
The aviation industry is a progressive one and constantly evolving in technologies, processes and protocols. We are looking for adaptable, self-reliant individuals who have a logical approach and a critical mind. Bucks has a long-standing reputation for its aviation degrees and this responsive course reflects the constant changes within this exciting industry.
More placements, more choices
Bucks is a Placements Plus university. So, whatever degree you do, you can be sure there’ll be plenty of industry-relevant opportunities on offer, to help you get into your chosen field.
We’ll also prepare you for work beforehand, with special skills for work training, further boosting your CV, and building skills employers will value. In recognition of the value we place on these skills we have incorporated this experience into your study time.
Placements Plus is all about helping you get some valuable experience under your belt while you’re a student. To increase your choices later, and help you get the graduate-level job you want.
UCAS CODE: N858
Our innovative programme of study is unique to UK Higher Education and keeps pace with the continuous changes within the air transport industry. This ensures you graduate with the most up to date knowledge and skillsets this energetic sector demands.
We have developed our aviation and airline degree programmes with industry experts and attract a number of guest lecturers.
People 1st Gold Award In Aviation
We were the only Higher Education institution to have been awarded the People 1st Gold accreditation for our aviation degrees (2015 - 2017). Being so close to Heathrow, the course attracts a variety of guest lecturers.
Industry work experience
At the end of your second year you’ll have the opportunity to find seasonal employment within the industry. Our links with the airports provide great opportunities for these placements, which give you an insight into the inner workings of airport and airline operators. This time spent in the professional environment can also help you fine-tune your future career path.
The department continuously pursues new partnerships in order to help you find suitable placements. We run a number of workshops to help you in this process, which include sections on the procedures for work placement feedback and guidance on taking related modules during your seasonal employment.
What are the course entry requirements?
This module map provides a list of the modules that make up your course. You can find more information about how your course is structured on our Academic Advice section.
The modules available on this course are as follows:
Foundation Year Modules
- Preparing for Success Knowledge and Creativity
- Inquiry Based Learning
- Preparing for Success Self-development and Responsibility
- Introduction to Aviation, Tourism and Events
Year 1 Modules
- Air Cargo Operations
- Air Transport - Security and Safety
- Airline and Airport Marketing
- Airport Operations
- Introduction to Finance and Economics
- Professional Skills and Development
- Structure of the Air Transport Industry
- Developments of the Air Transport Sector
Year 2 Modules
- Airline Management
- Airport Management
- Ancillary Revenue Management
- Employment Research and Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Management, Leadership and Change
- Research Methods
- Airline Crisis and Continuity Management
Year 3 Modules
- Aviation Finance and Economics
- Aviation in the Global Context
- Business and Enterprise (optional)
- Research Project (optional)
- The Future of the Air Transport Industry
- Strategic Management
- Sustainability Management
How much does it cost
Full Time Home and EU, Academic Year 2020-2021: £9,250 per year
Full Time International, Academic Year 2020-2021: £12,500 per year
Full Time Home and EU, Academic Year 2021-2022: £9,250 per year
Full Time International, Academic Year 2021-2022: £13,750 per year
Most courses will involve some additional costs that are not covered by your fees.
You could benefit from financial support through a bursary or scholarship during your time as a student. For more details visit our financial support, bursaries and scholarships section.
How do I apply?
For application details please visit bucks.ac.uk/applying-to-bucks