This course is specifically designed for those interested in working with young children from aged 0-11 years. You will develop insight and understanding of how children learn and experience childhood, including play-based learning, international curriculum, emotional wellbeing, safeguarding and the rights of the child. This course will offer a broad-based curriculum and will develop you as a thoughtful and flexible practitioner, acting as an advocate for young children.
This course is offered as a four year programme, including an initial Foundation Year. The Foundation Year will allow you to develop your academic study skills and build confidence in your abilities, identifying your own strengths and development needs for progression onto an undergraduate degree.
Where the Foundation Year is taught at our Aylesbury Campus all subsequent years will be taught at our High Wycombe Campus.
More placements, more choices
Bucks is a Placements Plus university. So, whatever degree you do, you can be sure there’ll be plenty of industry-relevant opportunities on offer, to help you get into your chosen field.
We’ll also prepare you for work beforehand, with special skills for work training, further boosting your CV, and building skills employers will value. In recognition of the value we place on these skills we have incorporated this experience into your study time.
Placements Plus is all about helping you get some valuable experience under your belt while you’re a student. To increase your choices later, and help you get the graduate-level job you want.
UCAS CODE: X314
What are the course entry requirements?
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements for the 3-year undergraduate programme, or those who do not feel fully prepared for a Level 4 course, will be considered for the 4-year programme including a Foundation Year. If you wish to enquire further, please send your query along with any academic evidence or references to email@example.com
Foundation Year Modules
- Ways of Learning About the Social World
- Preparing for Success: Knowledge and Creativity
- Preparing for Success: Self Development and Responsibility
- Inquiry Based Learning
Year 1 Modules
- Theoretical Perspectives of Child Development
- Born to Learn: Play and Creativity
- Social Constructs of Childhood
- Protecting Children’s Health and Wellbeing
- Introduction to Frameworks for Learning
- Reflective Practice
Year 2 Modules
- Building and Promoting Inclusive Learning Opportunities
- Exploring the Occupational Landscape in Practice
- Education for Sustainability
- Supporting Emotional Wellbeing following Childhood Loss
- An Introduction to the Philosophies and Concepts of Research
- 21st Century Families
Year 3 Modules
- Project: Evaluating Educational Initiatives
- Supporting the Emotional and Physical Wellbeing of Children
- Learning and Teaching with Technology
How much does it cost
Full Time Home and EU, September 2019: £9,250 per year
Full Time International, September 2019: £12,000 per year
Full Time Home and EU, February 2020: £9,250 per year
Full Time International, February 2020: £12,000 per year
Most courses will involve some additional costs that are not covered by your fees.
You could benefit from financial support through a bursary or scholarship during your time as a student. For more details visit our financial support, bursaries and scholarships section.
How do I apply?
For application details please visit bucks.ac.uk/applying-to-bucks