This one year distance learning programme will help broaden your existing understanding of the aviation sector, and give you the specialist knowledge of the industry and skills to have a successful career within the field of aviation management. As you will typically already be working in the industry when undertaking this course, you will benefit from the opportunity to apply your commercial experience and convert it into an academic qualification.
This course will equip you with a wider knowledge of the aviation business and enhance your leadership and management potential, helping to boost your career prospects. The main themes covered include global business development, strategic management, sustainability and its implications, financial performance, and the airline business and its structure. You will also be required to complete a research project as part of the programme.
This programme is taught completely via our virtual learning environment (VLE) and you will not have to attend any workshops at the University. This will allow you to continue to work within your field whilst also completing your degree from anywhere in the world, and study at times to suit you.
Your online study resources typically include; web conferencing, podcasts, vodcasts, online discussion boards, and blogs. You’ll be assessed entirely by coursework.
What are the course entry requirements?
The course would be suitable for any of the following:
- Qualified commercial pilots with at least two years of experience as first officers or equivalent
- Aviation professionals holding a professional licence such as an EASA Aircraft Engineering Category B licence or an EASA Air Traffic Controller (ATCO) Licence
- Those who hold a foundation degree or an HND in any subject and are looking to top-up these qualifications to degree level in an aviation subject and having at least two years relevant experience working in industry
- Professionals working specifically in aviation organisations such as airlines and airports who have at least five years’ experience working in the industry, of which at least two years are in a supervisory or management role
- Professionals working in closely related industries such as transport and logistics who have at least five years’ experience, of which at least two years are in a supervisory or management role
- Military personnel who hold technical foundation degrees and HNDs and are looking to obtain civilian aviation qualifications.
For further details of our international English entry requirements, please visit our international pages.
- Aviation Sustainability Management
- Globalisation of the Airline Industry
- Research Report
- The Airline Business
- Airline Strategy and Financial performance
How much does it cost
Full Time Home and EU, Academic Year 2019-2020: £7,700
Full Time International, Academic Year 2019-2020: £7,700
Full Time Home and EU, Academic Year 2020-2021: £7,400
Full Time International, Academic Year 2020-2021: £7,400
Most courses will involve some additional costs that are not covered by your fees.
You could benefit from financial support through a bursary or scholarship during your time as a student. For more details visit our financial support, bursaries and scholarships section.
How do I apply?
For application details please visit bucks.ac.uk/applying-to-bucks