This course is designed for experienced healthcare professionals from a variety of settings, looking to enhance their clinical knowledge and leadership skills at Level 7.
Normally a first degree will be required, however, if you are an experienced healthcare professional with evidence of recent successful study at Level 6 you may also be considered. You must have a background in healthcare and currently be working in clinical practice.
What will this course cover?
The modules within this course will focus on:
- Innovative clinical practice from a contemporary perspective
- Speciality clinical modules.
This will enable you to innovatively lead, direct, and enhance clinical practice, whilst expanding the evidence base for your own area of practice.
In order for you to deliver appropriate interventions aimed at the management of patients, the course structure will focus on the evidence for a range of assessment skills and therapeutic management strategies. You will also be able to synthesise contemporary initiatives in relation to current practice and service delivery to creatively provide a safe and effective service.
This course offers you:
- Flexible study relevant to your current area of practice
- A range of optional Level 7 theoretical and clinical modules
- Opportunities to develop practice based projects
- Skills in leadership and management in clinical practice settings.
You will be required to complete optional modules which total 60 credits.
There is an option to top-up this qualification to a PG Diploma or master's degree.
What are the course entry requirements?
Normally a first degree will be required. However, experienced healthcare professionals with evidence of recent successful study at Level 6 will be considered. Students will have a healthcare background and currently be in clinical practice.
For further details of our international English entry requirements, please visit our international pages.
- Leadership, Management and Professional Issues (optional)
- Advanced Medical Assessment (optional)
- Anaesthetic Management in the Perioperative Environment (optional)
- Aeromedical Repatriation and Retrieval (optional)
- Cancer Care (optional)
- Cardiac Care (optional)
- Diabetes Management (optional)
- Delivering and Sustaining Improvement in Healthcare Settings (optional)
- Dementia Management and Care (optional)
- Emergency and Unscheduled Care (optional)
- End of Life Care and Symptom Management (optional)
- Enhancing Practice through Work Related Learning (optional)
- Essentials of Spinal Care (optional)
- Introduction to Clinical Innovation in Healthcare Practice (optional)
- Intensive Care (optional)
- Mentoring in the Practice Setting (optional)
- Minor Injury Management (optional)
- Minor Illness Management (optional)
- Neonatal High Dependency and Intensive Care (optional)
- Neonatal Special Care (optional)
- Physical Assessment of the Adult (optional)
- Principles and Practice of Infection Prevention and Control (optional)
- Principles of Practice Education (optional)
- Recovery Management in the Perioperative Environment (optional)
- Respiratory Care (optional)
- Stroke Management and Care (optional)
- Surgical Management in the Perioperative Environment (optional)
- The Renal Care Practitioner (optional)
- The Theoretical Concepts in Renal Care (optional)
- Wound Care Management (optional)
- Enhancing Skills for Preceptors (optional)
- Advanced Therapeutic, Mental & Physical Health Skills for Mental Health Practitioners (optional)
- Leadership and interpersonal communications (optional)
- Clinical decision Making for Non Medical prescribing (optional)
- Applied Pharmacology for Non Medical prescribing (optional)
- Student Supervision and Assessment in Healthcare (optional)
How much does it cost
Full Time Home and EU, Academic Year 2020-2021: £3,350
Most courses will involve some additional costs that are not covered by your fees.
You could benefit from financial support through a bursary or scholarship during your time as a student. For more details visit our financial support, bursaries and scholarships section.
How do I apply?
For application details please visit bucks.ac.uk/applying-to-bucks