Studying this course will provide an excellent grounding in animation and visual effects, and will help with progression into a career in television and film. Former students are now working on both major and independent productions.
What will this course cover?
The content includes:
- Drawing as a basis for 3D animation design.
- Character, background and concept animation, including the production process concept, and compositing/shooting on film.
- Sound recording and breakdown: voice, music and effects, film language and the history of animation studio practice and structure.
The facilities include a green screen studio for chroma key work, especially for the combination of 'live-action' film-making with virtual reality/digitally-produced characters and environments. We also have an industry-standard (Vicon Peak) MoCap (motion capture) system which is used to animate digitally-designed characters and objects, enabling more natural movement of virtual content. In addition, there are audio editing systems to mix audio for film in 5.1 surround sound, plus a range of current industry-standard software packages.
UCAS CODE: W694
What are the course entry requirements?
Please visit our partner college's website for entry requirements.
You will also need to provide a portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to draw
Year 1 Modules
- Digital Compositing for Film and Animation
- Life Drawing for Digital Sculpting and Character Design
- The Core Skills of 3D
- The Core Skills of Animation
Year 2 Modules
- Animated VFX Project
- Concept Design for Digital Environments
- Rigging for Animation
- Visual Effects for Animation and Film
How much does it cost
Most courses will involve some additional costs that are not covered by your fees.
You could benefit from financial support through a bursary or scholarship during your time as a student. For more details visit our financial support, bursaries and scholarships section.
Questions about fees?
Contact our Student Centre on:
01494 603 020
Fees quoted are for the next intake and are subject to change. Fee costs for subsequent years are subject to rise with the inflation or course delivery costs.
How do I apply?
For application details please visit bucks.ac.uk/applying-to-bucks