The Assistant Practitioner Apprenticeship programme will provide an educational framework for student apprentices to work in a range of health care settings where they assess, treat and care for patients, service-users or clients in specific circumstances. On completion of the apprenticeship, the Assistant Practitioner will be able to undertake the full range of duties appropriate to the job, confidently and competently to the standard set by the health sector.
Bucks New University offer the following pathways:
- Mental Health
Features and benefits of the apprenticeship include:
- flexible learning (work-based and supported online learning)
- career-focused study, enhancing value and executive potential
- application of learning to your organisation and work-based assessments
- ‘real world’ teaching from academics who have senior industry backgrounds
- validation: Professional and Academic certification for apprentice(s)
- a link tutor who will visit apprentices at work to support learning
You can download the full standards from the government's website.