Bucks Emergency Allowance
The Bucks Emergency Allowance (BEA) is to support students impacted by COVID-19 who encounter a financial emergency. The allowance provides immediate short-term relief and is not intended as a source of long-term funding. The allowance is designed to assist you with funds to help with changed circumstances due to COVID-19. This can include new caring responsibilities, debt due to travelling home, lack of WIFI or mobile phone data, or need for IT requirements/equipment. The maximum amount available per student, per application window, is capped at £250. Please note, there is no guarantee of an award and assessments made on a case-by-case basis.
This allowance is in addition to other financial support, including the Bucks Hardship Fund.
The UK Government also provide information and advice to students on their finances.
There will be two opportunities to apply:
Period 1: applications to be submitted no later than Wednesday 8 April. Decisions made by Thursday 9 April.
Period 2: applications to be submitted no later than 1:00pm on Wednesday 22 April. Decision made by Thursday 23rd April
- Students must be enrolled full time or part time on a Bucks New University undergraduate or postgraduate course. Students studying at partner institutions are not eligible
- Students must complete a BEA Application Form for their claim to be processed
- Students must outline their change of circumstance and what they require their BEA for; this will assist the team in the allocation of funds.
- Students must contact the Student Wellbeing and Engagement Team to request a BEA Application Form, the team can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can download the application form directly here.
- Student must complete the form online and return this via email to the Student Wellbeing and Engagement Team
- The Student Wellbeing and Engagement Team will review the Application Form and based on the information supplied, an amount will be awarded
- The student will be notified via email of the amount awarded and to expect payment into their nominated account within ten working days