Sports Excellence Scholarship
'Please note that the below information relates to September 2016 entrants and is currently being reviewed for September 2017 entry'.
Bucks New University offers talented athletes the opportunity to gain financial support from our ‘Sporting Excellence Scholarships’.
You should be studying a sports degree programme and apply with a Sport Performance CV, including two sport-related references and a written statement of 250-300 words. This should consider any evidence of sporting achievements, existing sponsorships you may have and your contributions to community through sport.
Once you have this, please email it to email@example.com.
The Awards are payable as fee waivers, and are as follows:
Naomi Riches Award
(two places) up to £3,500 per year
You should demonstrate international standard sporting performance, and have an AAB academic profile or equivalent
(two places) up to £2,000 per year
You should demonstrate International standard sporting performance
(two places) up to £1,500 per year
You should demonstrate national standard/regional NGB talent pathway
(three places) up to £500 per year
You should demonstrate county/elite club standard
Should you be successful, responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrating achievement at various sporting and academic levels.
- Applying for one scholarship each year.
- Representing Bucks at several competitions including Varsity.
- Supporting Bucks through publicity of sporting achievements.
- Upholding the Learning Partnership Agreement in line with the University’s culture and values.
- Submitting a list of competitions and events you intend to compete in during the year.
- Participation in university-wide promotional activity/media events.