Clearing Access Bursary
This bursary is for students who apply through Clearing from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Clearing can be an anxious time for students. If you are applying through Clearing and are the first in your family or from a low progression area where very few people go to university, then we will offer you £1,500 to help with the cost of your university halls.
To apply for this bursary you must meet be applying through Clearing, in addition to one of the following criteria:
- be the first generation in higher education, or,
- live in a POLAR4 quintiles 1 and 2 postcode. You can check whether you qualify for a low progression area by using this postcode tool.
The Important Information - Terms and Conditions
- the Bursary is only available for September entries onto a full time undergraduate or postgraduate course.
- the course must be taught at either our campuses.
- you must apply through Clearing after 6 July 2020 onwards.
- the Bursary is only open to Home/EU students
- you must be applying for our university halls.