Living in the UK

We are delighted to welcome applicants from around the world to join our UK and EU students at one of our vibrant, modern and friendly campuses; in High Wycombe, Uxbridge or Aylesbury.

Coming to university is always a big move. Coming to the UK from your home country to start studying at a university, is even bigger. Luckily, Bucks New University has everything in place to help support you from before you even apply, to helping you get your visa through to helping you succeed.

When moving to the UK you will of course want the certainty of knowing where you are going to live. You’ll also want a place that fits in with your studies and suits your social life, and most of all, you’ll want somewhere you’ll feel at home. At Bucks, settling into your new surroundings will be easy, thanks to our range of comfortable halls of residences

If you’re a full-time, first year student and you apply for accommodation before 30 June of the year of entry we can guarantee you a place in one of our halls. We will seek to offer a room to late applicants and applicants who apply to Bucks through Clearing. There are of course other options, should you not want halls. All of our halls have 24-hour security, high speed internet and laundry facilities on site.

Bucks New University offers a wide range of support and wellbeing facilities throughout your journey with us.

The Gateway Gym at Bucks New University is a state of the art facility with equipment to suit every exercisers' needs. Qualified and experienced fitness coaches are always on hand to offer assistance or can be booked for personal programming appointments free of charge to all premier members. You can find more information here.

Whatever your faith, or even if you have none, if you are looking for spiritual guidance or want to find a place to worship, our multi-faith team should be your first port of call. We offer pastoral support and act as a point of contact for local faith communities. You will be able to find more information on our Multi-faith Chaplaincy here.

The Learning Development Unit works with students who are keen to develop their academic abilities and improve their grades, whatever their course, year, or ability level. Much of their support is given in one-to-one tutorials, so our dedicated staff can tailor the input to the specific needs of individual students. The team also works with small groups, runs workshops and teaches with subject academics.

High Wycombe has all the charm of the English countryside right on London’s borders, with a train to London taking just thirty minutes! There’s plenty to keep the student life alive – from shopping centres to the local pub. Our main campus couldn’t have a better home than High Wycombe.

“We believe in putting our members first, and as part of our exclusive Big Deal package, we are the only university in the UK to offer our members free access to such a diverse and exciting range of activities – all to enrich your university experience.” – Ben Parmar, President Bucks Students’ Union

In addition to providing a range of events and activities free of charge, the Students’ Union has its very own Advice Centre which has the time to listen, advise and support students providing a professional, independent and confidential service, which is accessible and welcoming to everyone. Understanding and sympathetic staff will use their experience and knowledge on student issues to influence University thinking to make life better for all students at Bucks.

Even more than this, through our Bucks Buddying scheme you can receive discreet peer-to-peer support whether you are an applicant or a student!