Guide to Clearing and Adjustment
When can I apply through Clearing?
Clearing officially opens on UCAS on Thursday 5 July 2018. If you have already received your exam results but you are holding no offers, you can use Clearing from this date. If you are not holding any offers, or holding a conditional offer but your exams didn’t quite go to plan, you can use Clearing from the day you receive your results.
What if I've done better than expected?
Firstly, congratulations! If you’ve met or exceeded your offers then you may have heard of something called Adjustment. This is an opportunity for you to reconsider where and what to study. This is entirely optional, but you may wish to have a look around at other courses available to you. If you are eligible for Adjustment you will need to register for this on UCAS Track. There isn’t a vacancy list for Adjustment, so if you are interested in applying to Bucks and would like to know what courses we have available, just give us a call on 0330 123 2023 to discuss your options. If you need more information about the Adjustment process and how to register, visit the UCAS website.
How does the Clearing process work?
We know there’s a lot to take in, and this can be a stressful time of year, so we’ve got clearing covered in five simple steps.
1. If you’re eligible for Clearing, you’ll see an ‘Add Clearing choice’ button on UCAS Track. You’ll also be given a Clearing number which you’ll need when contacting us.
2. Make a list of your qualifications and grades. Now work out how many UCAS points you hold using a tariff calculator. We will ask you about your Level 3 exam results (A Levels / BTECs etc), as well as your Maths and English GCSE result. Also make sure you have written down any questions you want to ask us, so you make sure you don’t forget anything!
3. You may have your heart set on a particular course, but it doesn’t harm to look at all the options. Our Clearing vacancies will be published on our website at the beginning of July. We offer a wide range of subjects and there might just be something there you’d not thought of before. If there’s a course you are interested in applying for through Clearing, call us on 0330 123 2023 to discuss your application. We’ll talk through your qualifications and experience, and if we think you are suitable, we’ll make you a verbal offer of a place.
4. Once you’ve received your verbal offer, head over to the UCAS website and add us as a Clearing choice on ‘Track’. Usually you won’t be able to do this until after 5pm on results day, but don’t panic! It can take a little while, but once we have confirmed your place, this will show on your UCAS Track.
5. Congratulations! That’s everything for now. We’ll be in touch with you to let you know your next steps once your place has been confirmed.