It’s important to remember that Clearing isn’t just for those that didn’t meet their offers.
If you’ve missed out on your first choices, declined any offers made to you, or you’re applying to university after 30 June, you will automatically be entered into Clearing. If you’ve had a sudden change of heart about your choices, Clearing could be for you too.
Clearing officially opened on UCAS on Thursday 5 July 2018, and applications can now be made in a variety of ways. Visit our ‘Time to apply’ page for more information on how to apply.
Firstly, congratulations! If you’ve met or exceeded your offers then you may have heard of something called Adjustment. This is an opportunity for you to reconsider where and what to study. This is entirely optional, but you may wish to have a look around at other courses available to you.
There isn’t a vacancy list for Adjustment, so if you are interested in applying to Bucks and would like to know what courses we have available, just give us aa call on 0330 123 2023 to discuss your options.
We know there’s a lot to take in, and this can be a stressful time of year, so we’ve got Clearing covered in five simple steps.
1. If you’ve made an application through UCAS and are eligible for Clearing, you’ll see an ‘Add Clearing choice’ button on UCAS Track. You’ll also be given a Clearing number which you’ll need when contacting us. If you haven’t registered with UCAS, you can apply to Bucks directly. More information on how to do this can be found on the ‘Time to Apply’ page.
2. Make a list of your qualifications and grades. Now work out how many UCAS points you hold using a tariff calculator. When you contact us we’ll ask you about your Level 3 exam results (A Levels / BTECs etc), as well as your Maths and English GCSE result. Also make sure you have written down any questions you want to ask us, so you make sure you don’t forget anything!
3. You may have your heart set on a particular course, but it doesn’t harm to look at all the options. Our Clearing vacancies are available to view on our website. We offer a wide range of subjects and there might just be something there you’d not thought of before. If there’s a course you are interested in applying for through Clearing, just follow the instructions on our ‘Time to Apply’ page. It couldn’t be simpler!
4. If you’ve applied to us through UCAS, once you’ve received your verbal offer, head over to the UCAS website and add us as a Clearing choice on ‘Track’. Usually you won’t be able to do this until after 3pm on results day, but don’t panic! It can take a little while, but once we have confirmed your place, this will show on your UCAS Track.
If you’ve applied directly to us rather than through UCAS, we’ll send you an email to let you know what you need to do next.
5. Congratulations! That’s everything for now. We’ll be in touch with you to let you know your next steps once your place has been confirmed.
Still need help?
Speak to our enquiries team below 👇