Ms Sarah Barry
BSc (Hons), MSc, AFHEA
School of Aviation and Security
I'm Sarah and I am a Senior Lecturer in Aviation Management and Pilot Programmes and Course Leader as well as an experienced airline pilot. I have previously flown Airbus A320/1 and currently fly B737 on short and medium haul routes for a UK airline. In addition to my flying experience, I have previously worked in the headquarters of a large international airline on various management projects and with various UK and international organisations on research initiatives.
I have a MSc in Air Transport Management from City University and previously held the position of Chair of the BALPA Pilot Licensing and Training Committee, was a member of the BALPA Flight Safety Group and also a member of the IFALPA HUPER Committee. Before flying for the airlines I also helped set up a successful flight school in the USA, where I also previously lived.
I have a lifelong interest in aviation and having achieved my ambition of being a successful airline pilot, my teaching role here at Bucks is to give our students the best possible insights into the industry and a fantastic learning experience - and to get them ready for a career as a pilot!
- Air Transport with Private Pilot Training ft
- Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training ft
- Air Transport with Helicopter Pilot Training ft
- Airline and Airport Management ft
- Airline and Airport Management with Foundation Year ft
- Aviation Management for Professionals ft
- International Aviation Regulation and Law ft