BSc (Hons) MSc PGCE MCMI FHEA
Sam Guest is a Senior Lecturer in Aviation Management and Course Leader for MSc International Aviation Regulation and Law. Sam has a degree in BSc (Hons) Aviation Management and a master’s degree in MSc Air Transport Management from Coventry University. He also holds a PGCE Education, CMI Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership and CMI Level 7 Professional Consultancy. He is a member of the Chartered Management Institute and a fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
He has a wide range of experience within the Aviation and Tourism industries, working in various European countries in various roles with MyTravel, Thomas Cook and TUI. He has also worked in the airport environment at Birmingham Airport and Larnaca Airport. In addition to the various Aviation and Tourism roles, Sam has worked in operational management roles.
Sam is now studying towards a PhD titled “An investigation of the safety and security of human remains as air cargo: Formulating recommendations for standards and recommended practices of the repatriation process in U.K. civil aviation”.
Since he started at the university, Sam’s success with the students has been celebrated through various awards including ‘Most Inspiring Tutor’ and ‘Innovation Excellence in Teaching and Learning’. Sam’s research towards his PhD has also received external attention, winning first place in a global Aviation research competition.
- Airline and Airport Management
- Airline and Airport Management with Foundation Year
- International Tourism Management with Air Travel
- International Tourism Management with Air Travel with Foundation Year
- Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training
- Air Transport with Helicopter Pilot Training
- Air Transport with Private Pilot Training
- International Aviation Regulation and Law