Mr Paul Fields
BA (Hons), MA, PGCert, FHEA
School of Media and Creative Industries
Paul began working in the music industry in his local independent record shop in the late 1990s. Following this he became a full-time professional self-managed musician and consequently spent much of the 2000s immersed in the UK underground punk music scene. Highlights from these years include winning the National Battle of the Bands, signing to an iconic independent record label, receiving Radio 1 airplay, and performing at some of the UK's biggest and most famous music venues.
Paul is a multi-instrumentalist and continues to play, write, and record music. Paul has been at Buckinghamshire New University since 2014, he teaches sociology, politics, philosophy, and entrepreneurship, and is Programme Leader on BA (Hons) Music Business.
Paul’s current research looks at the intersection of music-based ideologies and contemporary social justice movements.
- Music Business ft
- Music Business with Foundation Year ft
- Events Festivals and Venue Management ft
- Events Festivals and Venue Management with Foundation Year
- Music Production and Business ft
- Music Production and Business with Foundation Year ft
- Music Performance Management ft
- Music Performance Management with Foundation Year ft
- Audio and Music Production ft
- Audio and Music Production with Foundation Year ft