Mr Paul Fields
BA (Hons), MA, PGCert, FHEA
School of Media and Creative Industries
Paul began working in the music industry in his local independent record shop in the late 1990s. Following this he became a full-time professional self-managed musician and consequently spent much of the 2000s immersed in the UK underground punk music scene. Highlights from these years include winning the National Battle of the Bands, signing to an iconic independent record label, receiving Radio 1 airplay, and performing at some of the UK's biggest and most famous music venues.
Paul is a multi-instrumentalist and continues to play, write, and record music. Paul has been at Buckinghamshire New University since 2014, he teaches sociology, politics, philosophy, and entrepreneurship, and is Programme Leader on BA (Hons) Music Business.
Paul’s research looks at the intersection of music-based ideologies and contemporary social justice movements. He is currently completing a PhD in Sociology, Social Policy, and Criminology at the University of Southampton.
- Music Business
- Music Business with Foundation Year
- Events Festivals and Venue Management
- Events Festivals and Venue Management with Foundation Year
- Music Production and Business
- Music Production and Business with Foundation Year
- Music Performance Management
- Music Performance Management with Foundation Year
- Audio and Music Production
- Audio and Music Production with Foundation Year
- Songwriting with Foundation Year