Places are available for our BSc (Hons) Nursing programmes, starting in February and September. Call 0330 123 2023 to find out more.
Adult nurses are at the forefront of many specialist areas such as intensive care, trauma nursing and cancer care.
With their primary role being to care and safeguard the public, adult nurses are also responsible for safe, compassionate and person-centred nursing, and ensuring they respect and maintain their clients’ dignity and rights at all times.
We offer an excellent standard of teaching in adult nursing, with continuous support throughout our degree course, both in the University and out in practice.
Students are taught by our experienced, committed and dedicated team who have worked in a variety of clinical specialities and education roles.
They spend 50 % of their programme gaining clinical experience at one of our local NHS trusts or in an independent care environment.
Graduates are eligible to register as a nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), so they can then go on to practise in the UK or overseas.
We also offer a postgraduate diploma for graduates who have completed an honours degree in any subject and want to study a course that leads to registration as a nurse.
- Career opportunities in adult nursing are excellent and available in a variety of settings, from hospitals and GP surgeries to research work and employment abroad
- We have a fully functional simulation suite with an operating theatre and recovery room, high dependency unit, and a three-bed clinical ward environment
- From April 2018, Band 5 nurses can expect a starting salary of £23,023* (*healthcareers.nhs.uk)
- Our nursing students are highly respected within the NHS trusts
- We are renowned for the support we provide. On average, academic staff spend 20% of their time in clinical practice supporting students.
We offer clinical experience in a variety of settings. The main trusts we work with include:
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Central and North West London
- NHS Foundation Trust
- Ealing Hospital NHS Trust
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- London North West Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- West London Mental Health NHS Trust
- West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust.
We also place students in a variety of independent placements, including private hospitals and clinics, prisons and nursing homes.
Students spend 37.5 hours a week in practice, and are supported by a clinical staff member.