Aviation, Events and Tourism Management
Bucks New University is the first Higher Education provider of Airline and Airport Management courses in the UK, as well as one of the first to combine aviation and tourism with our International Tourism Management with Air Travel course.
Our Aviation, Events and Tourism courses are developed in collaboration with leading industry professionals. They are led by highly dedicated specialists with advanced professional experience and active national and international research profiles.
We have long-established links with the aviation, events and tourism sectors, which enables our students to gain vital skills valued by employers looking for graduates with an edge.
Many of our previous students are working in operations or marketing within airlines, airports, public sector tourism organisations and supporting industries.
Graduates from our other aviation and tourism programmes have secured positions with United Airline, Emirates, Virgin Atlantic Airways and De Vere Hotels. Event management students have gained employment with a range of event organisations such as Glastonbury, Wimbledon, Ascot and Notting Hill.
- Our courses are designed with input from top industry professionals and reflect the key issues facing the travel and aviation sectors.
- Students have access to subscription only data from CAPA, FlightGlobal and IATA.
- Our lecturers have a high level of working knowledge, based on industry experience of both low-cost and traditional airlines.
- All trainee pilot students have the opportunity to undertake flight training and progress from the Private Pilot’s Licence to the Commercial Pilot’s Licence during the programme (subject to the attainment of the necessary passes in the ATPL theory examinations and obtaining the requisite medical certificate).
- Our trainee pilot students have access to an on-site Elite FNPT II flight simulator.
- Extensive growth is forecast in the tourism and aviation industry over the next decade and as a result there will be an increase in demand for pilots and other aviation and tourism personnel.
- CTC Aviation one of the world’s leading pilot training organisations with facilities in the UK and New Zealand.
- CAE Oxford Aviation Academy a global leader in modelling, simulation and training for civil aviation and defence.
- Booker Aviation an EASA Approved Training Organisation based in High Wycombe.
- Other impressive connections include: ASIG Ground Handling, BAA, British Airways, De Vere Hotel and Conference Group, easyJet, Grass Roots, Manchester Airport, Thomas Cook Airlines and Virgin Atlantic Airways.
- BSc (Hons) Air Transport with Helicopter Pilot Training
- BA (Hons) Airline and Airport Management
- BA (Hons) International Tourism Management with Air Travel
- BSc (Hons) Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training
- BA (Hons) Event and Festivals Management
- BA (Hons) International Hotel Management (Top -up) PT