Applied Health & Exercise Science
Welcome to the Department of Applied Health & Exercise Sciences
We offer a range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses for healthcare professionals.
Our courses have been co-designed with practitioners and are designed to enhance clinical skills and the delivery of care.
We offer short courses, stand alone modules, workshops and bespoke training covering a diverse range of health related subjects.
The CPD framework equips practitioners to think critically, act responsibly and lead proactively to meet the ever changing challenges faced by healthcare professionals. As such, the Faculty is committed to developing flexible, innovative and proactive healthcare professionals to be at the forefront of service redesign and enhancement of quality patient services.
We're proud to have won the Education Provider of the Year (post-registration) Award at the 2015 Student Nursing Times Awards.
Clinical Skills Area
Our Uxbridge Campus is the home of our prestigious nursing and health care practice courses and offers advanced simulated clinical skills areas. This includes a dedicated post-qualifying area. We have an excellent range of simulation manikins and a fully functional simulation suite, consisting of an operating theatre and recovery room.
Embarking on a CPD course with Bucks will enable you to progress and develop within your current field of work, or take your career in a whole new direction.
- Advanced Home Visiting Skills - Part-time
- Advances in Renal Care - Part-time
- BA (Hons) Sport Development and Coaching
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Strength and Conditioning
- Cardiac Care - Part-time
- Cardiac Disease: Prevention and Management for Non Specialists - Part-time
- Critical Practice in Child Protection and Adult Safeguarding - Part-time
- Developing a Portfolio for Accredited Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) - Part-time
- Independent and Supplementary Nurse Prescribing - Part-time
- Master of Science Health Exercise and Wellbeing - Part-time
- Master of Science Professional Practice (Healthcare)
- Mentorship in Professional Practice - Part-time
- Practice Teacher Award - Part-time
- Professional Practice Respiratory Care - Part-time
- Transition to Community Nursing - Part-time
- BSc (Hons) Sports Psychology
- BA (Hons) Sports Development and Coaching
- BA (Hons) Sports Business and Sports Law
- BA (Hons) Sport Business Management