Business Continuity Institute
Bucks New University delivers a number of programmes in partnership with the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) which was established in 1994 to enable individual members to obtain guidance and support from fellow business continuity practitioners. The BCI currently has over 6,000 members in 100 countries, supporting around 2,500 organisations in private, public and third sectors.
The wider role of the BCI is to promote the highest standards of professional competence and commercial ethics in the provision and maintenance of business continuity planning and services.
The following Professional Practice Training Courses are available at our Aylesbury Vale and Uxbridge Campuses:
- Designing and Delivering Effective Exercises Course – one day
- Developing and Managing the Business Continuity Plan Course – one day
- Introduction to Organisational Resilience Course – one day
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA) Course – two days
- Incident Response and Crisis Management Course – two days
- Introduction to Business Continuity Course – two days
- Supply Chain Resilience Course – two days
Business Continuity Management
The BCI is the world's most eminent BCM institute and its name is instantly recognised as standing for good practice and professionalism within continuity and related industries. This short course is taught by the University’s academic team, who have strong industry and academic experience in business continuity management and associated resilience disciplines. The tutors consult closely with industry and sector practitioners through the BCI.
The DBCI is eligible for funding under the Ministry of Defence Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) scheme. During the online course, you will receive guidance and advice available from tutors via email, telephone, and internet to ensure timely and effective support for your studies.