We have industry-standard production facilities and experienced, supportive staff, with a range of studio-based production courses designed to help you accelerate your place on the career ladder.
One of the biggest benefits of studying at Bucks, is the opportunity of collaborative work with a range of students studying in related fields, providing a range of creative opportunities.
Strong industry links ensure the relevance of all our programmes of study. Students benefit from regular master classes, site visits, industry-led curriculum design, and useful contacts for future employment.
Previous students have taken placements, work-experience or project work with Sennheiser, Focusrite, Ministry of Sound, Fox Sports, Glastonbury, Reading Festival and Hubris Records. We encourage our graduates to stay in contact and are very proud of their achievements.
Our committed staff have strong industry track records of their own as well as on-going involvement in a range of project and consultancy activity that informs their lecture and workshop delivery.
- Animation students are taught by Alex Williams, who has impressive experience working as an animator on feature films such as Harry Potter and The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Film and TV Production students enjoy a great deal of success at prestigious film and broadcast festivals, including the Yobi.TV Film Contest (Canada), The New York Film and Video Festival, and The Bristol Screentest Festival.
- Students at Bucks can benefit from work experience opportunities with companies such as Signdance Collective, our theatre company in residence, plus a host of top production companies and manufacturers, including Neumann, Sennheiser, Midas, Focusrite and the BBC.
- Students at Bucks have access to impressive industry-standard audio production and film studios, live music production studios and performance venues, as well as dedicated dance and drama studios.
- Bucks has its own in-house label, MC9 Music.
Our industry partnerships include the most recognised production equipment suppliers in the UK and Europe, such as Focusrite, Klark Teknik, Midas and Sennheiser.
International High Wycombe-based firm, Focusrite Engineering, has been working with us since 2003. In September 2009, Focusrite introduced a ‘Best Student Production’ award for final year Audio and Music Production and Music Management and Studio Production students. The company are also making special discount arrangements for students to purchase Focusrite, Novation, KRK and Ableton Live products.
We also have a fantastic collaboration with BBC Introducing and our students regularly work with up and coming artists.