We are proud of the creative achievements of our Performing Arts students, who are widely recognised for their powerful films and performances, their creativity and flexibility, and their broad range of skills.
Our strong reputation and continued student success evidences our ability to deliver an exceptional education.
- Bucks students have been represented at the National Student Drama Festival 2016 and 2018, and were shortlisted in 2017. In 2018 Stevie Thomas’ piece 1001010 was described by the Sunday Times as “raising fascinating questions about the challenges of portraying yourself”.
- Our students are encouraged to be entrepreneurial. In 2018 third year students raised over £3000 towards their final year projects, performing pieces in professional theatres including Et Cetera, London and The Old Fire Station, Oxford.
- Many of our final year students passed the Foundation certificate of Stage Combat
- Bucks students take part in an annual industry panel with leading practitioners who discuss their experience and give careers tips.
- In the last two years Bucks students have participated in workshops and/or discussions with Gonzo Moose, Paper Birds, Out of Joint, Alistair McDowall, Igor & Moreno, Idle Motion, and Jan Lee &Tim Murray-Browne, Station House Opera and Oxford Youth Arts Partnership.
- Bucks students have been on trips to see performances by the National Theatre, Tim Crouch, dreamthinkspeak, Out of Joint, Paper Birds, Idle Motion, Igor & Moreno, Complicite, Cardboard Citizens, Open Clasp and Austentatious.
- Our students have taken part in collaborative projects with students from Creative Advertising, Audio and Music Production, Film and TV Production, Dance and Performance, Nursing and Creative Writing.
Students from Bucks have gone on to great professional success. These include:
- Munashe Chirisa: stand up comedian and performer with touring company Tangle International, including dates at the Arcola Theatre.
- Modupe Salu: actor and member of National Youth Theatre.
- Charles Raine: director of Say Something Happened at Vaults Festival.
- Ludmila Neto: Marketing Assistant at the National Theatre.
- Laura Mathis: Theatrical agent Quirky Kidz and workshop director for Custard Theatre.
- Rob Driscoll: freelance performer.
- Jeffery Sangalang: member of National Youth Theatre.