Performance & Dance
At Bucks, we offer a portfolio of dynamic courses in performance and dance, which allow you to explore your capabilities as a performer and nurture your innate talent as a movement artist.
You will work with our team of experienced practitioners and inspiring teachers.
We pride ourselves on our friendly support for each student, and our aim is to help you unlock your potential and equip you with the skills you need to pursue a career in the performance and dance industries.
Our courses have been developed in close consultation with both academic and industry practitioners, and each course is underpinned with key employment skills.
Take a look at our performance and dance courses
- BA (Hons) Acting
- BA (Hons) Acting with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Dance and Performance
- BA (Hons) Dance and Performance with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Dance and Performance (Top-up)
- BA (Hons) Performing Arts (Film TV and Stage)
- BA (Hons) Performing Arts (Film TV and Stage) with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Musical Theatre
- BA (Hons) Musical Theatre with Foundation Year
Taught by lecturers with a wealth of experience, our degrees focus on developing students’ professional skills and techniques, while also equipping them with the business tools essential to building their careers.
Students become thinking practitioners of dance or performance, and spend time looking at areas such as performance development through choreography, and the importance of performance in society, alongside developing their dance and performance techniques.
We offer students regular opportunities to work with industry specialists, such as a voice coach, professional dancers, choreographers and arts organisations.
Other opportunities include:
- Regular masterclasses, taught by leading professionals, to further develop techniques and understanding of a range of dance and performance styles
- Industry days and specialist classes such as stage combat tuition to develop knowledge, skills and practice
- Modules focused on entrepreneurship and enterprise, essential to building a successful career in dance or performance
- The chance for students to immerse themselves in the performing arts in the West End, just a short train ride away from our campus.
Our Human Performance Lab has been designed to increase athletes’ performance through improved technique, and also assists with injury prevention and rehabilitation.
The lab is home to an indoor three-lane running track that incorporates 3D motion-capture technology and is equipped for assessing a range of physiological, biomechanical and psychological parameters.
- We have access to the Wycombe Swan Theatre and Wycombe Town Hall as part of our Wycombe Swan Residency. The Swan Theatre sits adjacent to the University and is one of the UK’s leading regional theatres.
- Having gained skills in entrepreneurship and enterprise, students are well prepared for self-employment, and are able to launch their own dance-related business ventures.
- On our Dance and Fitness degree, students have the opportunity to gain professional fitness qualifications, recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS).
- On our Performing Arts degree, students create a series of shows, films, short scenes and devised performances. In their third year, they set up their own theatre company and devise a production they manage from conception through to venue booking, marketing and performance.