Bucks improves performance in every area of UK’s most authoritative student survey
Date: 27th Jul 2018
Results of the National Student Survey (NSS), released today (27 July), show that the University has improved its performance across every one of the 27 questions posed to students. The University has improved its average performance by 5 per cent across all questions, outperforming the average across the sector by 4 per cent.
Professor Nick Braisby, Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Bucks New University, said:
“We are thrilled to see that the experience of our students has improved across every single category in this year’s NSS, and that overall student satisfaction at Bucks is up 3 per cent on last year.
"At Bucks we pride ourselves on transforming lives through employment-focused and skills-based education which enables students from all backgrounds to achieve their ambitions. We’re proud to see from our NSS results that our students recognise the quality we offer which is testament to the hard work and dedication our staff.”
The key highlights are:
- Overall student satisfaction has increased to 82 per cent
- The University has improved its average performance by 5 per cent across all questions, outperforming the sector by 4 per cent
- Satisfaction with teaching stands at 86 per cent, up by 3 per cent on last year, and 2 per cent ahead of the average for other institutions
- 78 per cent of students are satisfied with assessment and feedback at Bucks, 5 per cent higher than the average figure for all institutions
- 84 per cent of students are satisfied with academic support, up by 5 per cent on last year, and 4 per cent better than the sector average.
Professor Nick Braisby added:
“We are especially proud of Bucks Students’ Union with 75 per cent of students agreeing that the Students' Union represents their academic interests. This is up from 69 per cent and an incredible 19 per cent higher than sector average (56 per cent) The University works in partnership with the Students’ Union to give our students the best possible experience. Today’s results demonstrate the great work we do together which has already resulted in rising student engagement levels, with those students who engage in the Union’s programmes and initiatives also doing better in their studies.
“Feedback is really important to us and we encourage students to make their voices heard throughout the year. The NSS is just one of the ways that our students can tell us what they think. All staff at Bucks strive to help students achieve their full potential, taking great pride in their progress and achievements, and I thank them for all their efforts."