Before you start your career with Bucks New University we would like you to familiarise yourself with the information below. Some of the documents are for information and some require you to complete and bring with you on your first day of employment with us
In the Employee Handbook you will find information relating to the University’s structure, Senior Management Team, People Strategy, Vision, Mission and Values, as well as practical information about our facilities and the benefits of working at Bucks. For more information on how to access our policies and procedures, please read our New Employee Information Sheet (Word®), which also gives details about our mentoring scheme.
The relationship between Bucks employees and our students is paramount and is outlined in the Learning Partenership Leaflt.
You should familiarise yourself with the, ‘Guide to Induction & Probation for New Employees’ document and if possible, print a copy and bring with you on your first day of employment with us, as it forms an important part of your introduction to the University.
If you are planning to drive to either the High Wycombe or Uxbridge campus then it is essential that you read the Travel & Parking Information Document (Word®) as it contains important guidance about parking permits. If you are moving home to work at Bucks then you may wish to read our Relocation Policy (Word®).
If you are joining us in an academic capacity, we would draw your attention to the Preparation for Teaching in HE document (Word®).
Items required to bring in on your first day
Your offer of employment requests that you bring in the following documentation to the HR Directorate on your first day;
- P45 / or starter checklist. If you do not have a P45, please download, print and complete a Starter Checklist (pdf)
- Original documentation providing evidence of your entitlement to work in the UK. You will be required to bring this documentation to the HR team prior to your contract of employment being issued. However, in order to meet the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 we must see sight of the original document. Please bring with you on your first day of employment your documentation showing that you are a British Citizen or other papers verifying your right to work in the UK or full Birth Certificate, issued in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland. (Click here for further information relating to documentation required.)
- Bank details (Word®)
- Emergency contact details (Word®)
- Original qualification certificates
- Pension opt out form if applicable (see below under Pensions)
Health & Safety Awareness is an important aspect of your Induction into Bucks New University. We would like you to complete three E-Learning modules before you join; Health and Safety, Fire and Display Screen Equipment. Once completed a certificate will be generated and be given to you on your first day of employment.
To access the E-Learning, please contact Sharon James on 01494 605044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org who will provide you with your username and password and the necessary documentation to enable you to complete the training.
The University operates two pension schemes; the LGPS (Local Government Pension Scheme) for Professional Service employees and the TPS (Teachers Pension Scheme) for Academic employees.
All employees, with the exception of atypicals, will automatically be enrolled into the appropriate pension scheme. If you do not wish to contribute to a pension scheme you will need to complete the appropriate Opt Out form, which can be found, along with further information, on the relevant pension website as detailed below:
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)Pensions
Buckinghamshire County Council
Teachers' pension Scheme (TPS)