Wider Information Set
At Bucks New University we are committed to making it easier for students and the wider public to access information that we publish about us and the courses we offer.
The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) has specified the information that higher education providers should make available online or by request.
The following information comprises what is termed the Wider Information Set (WIS).
Information on institutional context
- Strategic Plan 2016-2021
- Statement of quality assurance and processes
- Information on academic partnerships: Full partnership agreements are confidential, but the partner register and webpage give details of the partnership. For further details please contact the Academic Registry
- Employability statement
Information about aspects of courses and awards
- Information on courses is generally available via our Course Search. Course pages include an overview of the course, details and entry requirements, module titles, fees, accreditation (where relevant), and information on career prospects
- Programme Specifications can be downloaded from individual course webpages (accessible via the Search function)
- Module descriptors are not routinely published but are available on request from the Academic Registry.
- Results of internal surveys are available for internal use only
- Partnership agreements, links with awarding bodies / delivery partners
Information on the quality and standards of programmes
- Procedures for programme approval (Approval of Academic Provision / Validation). Outcomes of programme approvals are not currently published but are available on request from the Academic Registry
- Procedures for programme monitoring and review (Annual Monitoring). Outcomes of programme review are not currently published but are available on request from the Academic Registry
- External examining procedures. See also the external examiner webpages
- Policies for student complaints, appeals and representation. See also the Academic Advice webpages. Outcomes of complaints and appeals are available internally only